What are the benefits of APRC card

Hello All
I just got my APRC card and I will apply for Open work permit soon. But long time visa and freedom to work where ever I want, apart from this I barely find anything else that APRC can benefit me. Then recently one of my friend informed me about 6000 for All remittance program this surprised me. So this rise me doubt what benefit I can receive from APRC status,

1. what are the benefits for me and my family,
  2. is there and economic assistance,
  3. where I can get informed about recent events, or welfare scheme,
  4. is there any newsletter to get update, or website.
  5. is there any house mortgage benefits.
1 Like

Hello Amir
1- Regarding benefits for your family, your wife and children can apply for APRC immediately, and it costs 10,000 TWD for each application.
2- No, APRC doesn’t provide and economic assistance or housing assistance!
As you said, you do not need to apply for a visa or update your residency, and this is only relevant if you are not employed.
Open work permit is helpful if you want to run your own business and for small/new companies or startups since they can’t provide you a work permit.

Ref.
Taiwan APRC FAQ 台灣永久居留證常見問題 - Foreigners in Taiwan - 外國人在臺灣

Only that banks are more likely to approve your mortgage or give you a better rate because you’re lower risk.

Are you sure on that?

You should now be eligible for the “Cash for Everyone” BS, need to apply before the end of October.

FAQ-6000 CASH for everyone

1 Like

Thanks, where I can get these kinds of information.
or any government assistant to establish startup.

@SuperS54 About what?

Yes, it’s the freedom to work wherever you want or to not work at all if you so choose. The latter is a huge benefit for people nearing retirement or wanting/needing to take some time off to regroup between jobs. Knowing I can stay here legally and use NHI when I eventually leave my job (as opposed to grabbing some crappy buxiban English teacher job just to have an ARC or moving back to the US where there is no affordable health care until age 65) makes the 10k NT well worth it for me. I think of it as a cheap insurance policy.

6 Likes

for you, discount ticket for National Palace Museum, Labor pension if it is applicable to your job, Taipei City EasyCard for senior person. Driver’s license not expiring till certain age.

for your dependents, immediate or 5 year later APRC without financial and age requirements, depending how you got your APRC.

news sites?

Ministry of Health and Welfare
Ministry of Labor
Department of Social Welfare, Taipei City Government
etc

1 Like

Congratulations @Amir on getting an APRC! This is definitely something to celebrate, as you have now effectively disentangled residency and a work permit. You’re now a free agent!

As others have mentioned, the first thing you can do is to take your lovely new APRC card and walk into a post office on the banking / financial side, and smile and ask for your NT$6000, available to you up until October 31, 2023. So your timing is brilliant.

About other benefits: Taiwan is not like some European countries which extend many rights, including some voting rights, to all residents. What you can count on, however, is the right to reside in Taiwan, whether you are working, or not. The pension contributions are also something to watch if you are employed locally. There are some very interesting threads about this topic on this website, so if you can you might consider taking some time to browse and read over relevant discussions.

In the meantime, congratulations again! :partying_face:

Guy

9 Likes

Or even easier, just go to an ATM.

3 Likes

Don’t know if applicable to you, but interview at TECO to marry roc national with hhr required to foreigners from certain designated countries is exempted if they have aprc.

can be a person in charge of community or tribal mutual aid and education care service center without any treaty or agreement between your country and roc

can apply for the reward to replace old motorcycle to new electric motorcycle without income tax payment certificate

can apply for the subsidies, rewards, or assistance for the activities related to the digital economy industries from Ministry of Digital Affairs

your labor contract can be regarded as non-fixed term

4 Likes

Yes.

Depends which kind of APRC he has. in my case, after my husband received his APRC I immediately applied. For him it’s free and for me cost 10K, because of the open work permit it was helpful for me.
This consider as a great benefit for many foreigners.

Depends how you got your APRC, if it’s through work then you have basically a lifetime free pass to Taiwan. You just need to come back here once every 5 years for 1 day and the APRC will not be revoked.

For me that’s the biggest advantage of APRC. I can go to live in another country for next 20-30 years and come back to Taiwan when I’m old and live in a small farmhouse in Pingdong :smiley:

Unless, of course they change the immigration laws, but looks like Taiwan is just gonna relax them even further in the future.

1 Like

Do you have a source you can point me to for that? It sounds awesome, but my understanding Is that you have to reside in Taiwan more than half the year to keep the APRC, and while they are currently very lenient in granting exceptions, they may not always be.

As someone who ideally wants to spend most of my time outside Taiwan someday while maintaining my APRC and NHI, your version sounds way better!

It has been discussed here previously.

3 Likes

Anyone know whether the ARC of your family dependents need to be updated when you move to APRC?

What kind of APRC does he have that it immediately allowed you to get your APRC and work permit? I thought most spouses had to wait 10 years until they could get theirs?

This article provides detailed information about each kind of APRC and the requirements to apply for it for you and your family. There are 6 kinds of APRCs.
And always contact the immigration, they can tell you about the options you have up to your situation.

Taiwan APRC FAQ|Insight|2022-04-01|web only (cw.com.tw)

2 Likes

do this. I just read some paragraphs, but I can point several incorrect information on the article.

foreign senior/high-level professionals.

2 Likes