What are Usual Needs of Expats?

y’know, there are other ways to get rid of your constipation

Yes, but Taco Bell tastes better.

wait, what?

food scandal/fecal transplant!

Sidewalks minus the potted plants, signs, scooters, and massive Chunghua telecom box in the middle of it.

3 Likes

In China there was a guy whose baozi were especially popular–and this at a time when meat was hard to come by. Turns out his brother was an undertaker…

And the angry watch dogs that are leashed on a chain that’s too slack so you have to walk on the street in order to avoid getting mauled. At least that’s near my home…

2 Likes

Basic Needs and Wants

• More options for deodorant brands
  • Larger (longer) clothing sizes
  • Affordable “Western” baking ingredients
  • More variety in candy bars (milky way, three musketeers, mars bars, etc etc)
  • Variety in deli meats and affordable (not just ham…all I ever see here is ham, ham, ham and more ham)
  • More authentic western bread (not the soft sugary, marshmallow like 7-11 crap bread or bread with stuff stuffed inside just for the hell of it)
  • Real honest to goodness Dansih pastries and donuts. Not asian-afied donut crap like Mr. Donut or pure sugar crap like Krispy Kreme. I am talking mom and pop donut shop style apple fritters, old fashioned glazed, maple bars, turn overs, etc etc.

Chain Stores

• Target
  • Walmart
  • Trader Joe’s

Fast Food Joints

• In n’ Out
  • Taco Bell
  • Wendy’s
  • Carl’s Junior
  • Chapotle

Department Stores

• American Eagle
  • Pottery Barn
  • Macy’s
  • etc
3 Likes

Poya has been stocking a greater variety lately, it’s worth a look.

+1!!!

Also +1!!!

I think @morran01 might. :wink:

Yes please!

As much as I would love that, there’s no way it’s happening. Several States in the US don’t even have a chance at that one.

So sad the burrito bar in Zhongli closed!! :sob:

I would settle for just one really good deli sandwich type of place. I just really want to eat a reuben or turkey club every now and then.

3 Likes

Every time I go back to Colorado, I absolutely make sure I get my Hop-Sing!! I miss all the great delis in Fort Collins. :persevere:

http://picklebarrelfc.com/

2 Likes

You wanna make money? Guarantor-free services. ESPECIALLY financial. I dont know why I am wasting my money giving it to Taiwanese landlords to afford their second, third, fourth house when I AM LITERALLY able to afford one myself in a mortgage.

I even set up a business. But once they see my Big Beautiful Italian™ nose, I get nothing and have to compete under a disadvantaged climate. How can I create jobs in this situation?

1 Like

Have you tried the ham and cheese (request a side salad) at Avenue in Taipei City? It’s off the charts!

Guy

Again…ham.
Ham or pepper beef is about all you can find here.
ham ham ham and more ham
no thanks

By god, I need some pastrami! I’m a salami mami! Anything…anything but ham.

2 Likes

I don’t know anyone in Taipei doing this.

This might be the business opportunity the OP has been looking for! : D

Guy

Costco has a really good hot Hungarian salami. Goes great with their Tillamook extra sharp cheddar on a Ritz cracker!

2 Likes

Yeah, I think small white cartoon doggie needs to get out more, Jason’s has 5 or 6 different kinds of salami and prosciut etc.
No pastrami, though.

In this weather? In this economy?

3 Likes

Now you’ve got me craving a pastrami and swiss on rye with some spicy mustard!

On a side note, I think Tommy had an astute observation the other day… :rofl: