What are Usual Needs of Expats?

Ha, I’m craving for crickets and grasshoppers! Crispy fried!

You my friend need a real European holiday

1 Like

You know what’s funny ? We got a dozen of those in Berkeley and I have yet to go to even one
Wouldn’t know what to order

Wasn’t there a shop in Alishan that sold those ? Manned or I should say Womaned by a big fitted girl ?

They should grant you dual citizenship for this understanding of the Taiwanese mindset alone. You’re not a “foreign professional,” you’re a Taiwanese professional.

5 Likes

IN and out is just better than Macdonald but Habit is much better
Better burger and shake by far although more expensive

Did you just have a stroke?

2 Likes

Sober the fuck up, @tommy525

As long as it doesn’t turn up in the taco filling, not really our problem.

And you thought that was sour cream. :scream_cat:

I rarely eat fast food, partly because of the frequency of such rumours …

Something other than these to eat cake with:

6 Likes

I’m American and I don’t like wonder bread or any bread with extra cellulose.

1 Like

Trader Joe’s is actually German owned by Aldi (the great discounter)

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: From expats

Many of the people that own a’foreign’ restaurant have never set a foot in Europe or barely did a whirlwind 9 day tour through it. Came back and thought it would be a good idea to copy European food. Although during the 9 day tour they eat mostly at Chinese restaurants, and only at the ‘famous’ places they eat at a local restaurant. (like cheese fondue, pizza, spaghetti …)
It’s like I would open a Chinese/Taiwanese restaurant in my home country!

2 Likes

Yea lets get some TW shrimp tacos with mayo, sprinkles and pineapple.

1 Like

How about Liquid Bread Co? They have a Pastrami…used to be too expensive but lowered the price.

2 Likes

On a flight we took that passed thru France, my wife’s family told me they prefer the ‘French bread’ and ‘French’ style food in Taiwan compared to a French restaurant at the Charles de Gaulle Airport.

2 Likes

You’re in luck!

Edited to add: Judging by some of the requests in this thread, some of y’all must think @bigbenj comes from one of them old-timey lamps.

1 Like