What are you listening to? (Part 2)

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]If you like that… Minor Threat is good.

Murphy’s Law, too.[/quote] I prefer Dag Nasty to Minor Threat. I have a Murphy’s Law album somewhere. Best of Times I think it was called.[/quote]

Giving a first listen to Ryan Adam’s latest Album - Cold Roses. A pretty good listen so far. I was a fan of Heartbreaker but not too much after that excluding a few live unreleased singles.

Donavan Frankenreiter. Friend of Jack Johnson and produced by him. Cool summertime music.

josh rouse. “nashville” is an excellent, very soothing album.

Kenny G and Steve Winwood. Now that’s music!!

Yes. Lullabies to Paralyze, my goodness. It’s why god invented subwoofers. And beer. :beer:

May be related to the whole Adam and Eve thing as well. :slight_smile:

Keep 'em coming, please.

EDIT: Oh, what I’m listening to now. Netscape Radio, Bluegrass channel: the best Americana out there, imo.

The Complete Mercury Recordings, The Stanley Brothers. Sunset is nearly 8:30pm now with the anti-farmer time savings plan, and there is no better, cheaper spiritual music than this come dusk, imo. Ralph Stanley is to Jesus what Mogan David is to fall-down drunkenness - imnsho.

Sinatra Reprise. Christ, that’s some good sh*t. Straddles jazz and popular music uniquely.

Moby, Play. Someone wrote about funeral music, and “Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad” may fit the bill for me. Hmmm, the key criterion seems to be “what will quickly induce a tear shedding?”

Someone mentioned Willie Nelson’s Teatro a long time ago (maybe a year ago) on this forum and I listened to portions of a few tracks on Amazon.com and agreed that it sounded great. Well I finally bought it and it arrived today. Thanks whoever mentioned it. It IS a great album. I’m not a country fan at all, don’t have any country music (except maybe a few tunes by the Stones and the Dead i guess) and didn’t have any Willie, but. . .

Well, here, if you don’t have Teatro, listen to a little of it yourself:

amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … 5?v=glance

:slight_smile:

Stuck on T-Rex Electric Warrior the other day when my landlord was about to arrive. She didn’t blink. Also have Led Zep’s How Many More Times and When the Levee Breaks in rotation. Been groovin’ on Bob Marley and…

Just rented the Woodstock DVD so listened to, and watched, Alvin Lee from 10 Years After rifle off the riffs to I’m Goin’ Home. Truly a classic, muscular tune if there ever was one. That a great all round movie BTW. Never seen that version before. Didn’t tell my Chinese GF anything about it when I put it on. Of course she had no idea WTF it was about and it drove her crazy until I finally clued her in. She was totally shocked when I told her it was from 1969. :sunglasses:

Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita for Violin Solo No 3 in E major BWV 1006 - Gavotte en Rondeau

This has been bugging me for several months now. I downloaded a video of Segovia playing it, but there was no information about which song it was. I’d watch the video and as soon as I am out the door I have lost the tune–I can’t hear it in my head. I hate that. But it’s really cool the way he plays it. I never thought of Bach for some reason. And then yesterday before the happy hour I stopped at Eslite and bought Volume 4 of The Segovia collection because it was all Bach. What do you know, it’s track number 17. I’m so happy.

BTW it goes dit dit dit, dit da dit dit dit …

KJZZ from Long Beach, Cali. Jazz & Blues

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams. I like this new album a lot. Great song writing on every song. It still has the happy summertime vibe, but on a bit deeper level with songs like ‘Crying Shame’ and ‘If I could’ both being about fairly depressing subjects.

Robbie Williams. Because for some reason my cats refuse to listen to anything else.

Im listening to iontaiwan. A streaming internet radio station on shoutcast. It’s got great underground music from Taiwan. Go to shoutcast.com and search for iontaiwan

The soundtrack to Revenge of the Sith!

Yes, I’m a Star Wars geek, and damn proud of it, too!

Rhythm and Sound - ‘Showcase’ and the new ‘See Mi Yah’ Box Set. Deep dubby goodness for this hot sticky weather.

Also Bob Marley - ‘Soul Revolutionaries’. A recently released album of many of his pre Island Records tunes.

Yes. Lullabies to Paralyze, my goodness. It’s why god invented subwoofers. And beer. :beer:

May be related to the whole Adam and Eve thing as well. :slight_smile:

Keep 'em coming, please.

[/quote] I finally had a listen to it. It’s not immediate for me unlike Rated R and Songs for The Deaf. May have something to do with the whole beer equation. But then again, it just maybe, a core member has gone AWOL.

My current listen:
Group X - Stepping On The Crowtche Owf Your Americain Presidaint
Listening to this the first couple of times brings to mind only one phrase: “What the hell?” Seriously. The videos and all:
See
I particularly recommend Idioth, Bang Bang Bang, and Don’t Touch That (I Demand), from those videos.

This. Don’t bother if you don’t like or have never heard of Leatherface or Motorhead.

Neil Diamond’s Hot August night and Eltons John’s Yellow Brick Road.

And some good old Jim Croce.

The Cure “Mixed Up.” It never gets old, I Love it! Nostalgia…it does weird things. : )