What Facebook has become

Depends on your settings, if ‘only friends’ or ‘friends of friends’ or ‘everyone’ can post.

Hopefully new decentralised social media platforms can become popular where they cannot access all your personal information. Governments should have stepped in and stopped them creating such a huge monopoly with the acquisition of Instagram and WhatsApp and the cross sharing of information from those platforms should be banned.

Didn’t know people were still using Facebook.

Old people do.

Now on Facebook

Picture of a wall full of expensive guitars. Message says “someone made a mistake and manager said these have to go, super cheap name brand guitars”.

It looks so outdated.

By the way someone above said you need a Facebook account to keep in touch with family, sure but you can remain anonymous, use a random email address, don’t put full name and don’t upload any photos.

I think there is an option to make tagging impossible for your account, but last time I checked it was years ago, I guess this option still exists.

1 Like

Skype or any other similar.

Yes I personally still have Skype.
Whatsapp is supposed to be encrypted, but you need a phone number and it is Facebook company :confused:

1 Like

I have at least 2 close friends born in 1983 who never had a Facebook account.

They probably have Instagram which is practically the same thing though. That Zuck guy ain’t stupid.

1 Like

:fu: FB

1 Like

Come on, dude. You know you like pictures of cats. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should count myself lucky for not having started :grin:

He said on forumosa.

2 Likes

It’s just a ‘platform’.

For me facebook is a place where everyone can post about how awesome their lives are. While mine is boring as hell.

That makes people cranky because they become jealous about other people’s lives and successes.

1 Like

A forum like forumosa is more comfortable to read and more convenient to use than Facebook IMO.