What game are you playing?

:notworthy:

I went from PS1 -> Gameboy Color -> PS2 - > N64 -> Xbox 360

I think I’m leaving out something in there, but as you can see, it’s been quite awhile since I’ve bought a console.

If I start Spider-Man on my TV in Taiwan that’s not 4K, will it have problems playing back in my other TV that is 4K in HDR settings?

Free LEGO Hobbit for Steam. Expires 24 hours from now.

You should invest in the Souljaboy game console. On sale now.

https://youtu.be/q7wAaeSpu1s

1 Like

New smash is good and all, but I’m all about that Katamari Damacy reroll.

1 Like

Spider-Man is really good. I would get it if you’re not playing anything.

WAR WINGS and SNIPER 3D. Anyone want to try and shoot me in either application ?

I booted Skyrim back up for another playthrough. I’ve been an archer and a mage but never melee, so this time I’m blowing my way through everything with two war axes.

2 Likes

I got the remastered on the console that’s let’s you mod with their creation club. Doesn’t look as impressive compared to these days after the Witcher. Even with the mods.

Spider-Man is so far amazing. I haven’t finished it but it’s 2nd place in my mind for game of the year after red dead. It’s simply so well done. The details like crawling up the walls and seeing inside the windows with different things inside. How amazing NY city looks and with all the landmarks. The web swinging is all amazing. Fun story and lots of side missions and people to help just swinging around. So many ways to enjoy the game with different powers and suits.

Eh, I know they’re really getting crazy with the graphics in games these days, but in the end it’s just not all that important to me. I still really enjoy exploring the Skyrim world.

But it’s also the combat. Why can’t you block with 2 handed weapons?

Yeah I have to say, melee feels really “flat” in this game. Archery is pretty satisfying, especially that drum hit when you own somebody with a sneak shot, but it’s kind of a lame way to play. And magic is overpowered as hell.

I’m pretty sure you can block with two handed weapons, though. I’ve seen enemies do it, hold it like a bar in front of them. I just can’t really figure out how and resort to carving everybody up as quickly as possible.

You can not unless you mod it to. You can block with 1 hand weapons or a weapon and and shield. Really stupid. Also can’t block if you have one weapon and another hand with magic…

I forgave a lot of the Shortcomings of it. But honestly loved oblivion more. It is however a amazingly large open world even for today’s standards. News of a new ES game is coming but seeing the Fallout 76 blunder I’m worried.

Lots of developers have just show themselves in the foot like EA.

I guess they must have fixed it on the Switch version because I see people with two-handed weapons blocking just fine. The world really is massive, though. I’ve played for hours and still discover new things all the time.

As much as I like their epic sandbox style games, I don’t think I can forgive Bethesda for screwing up Fallout like that. I can accept a few glitches; sometimes they actually add to the gameplay experience, because they can be so funny. But I watched several videos about a Fallout 76 and it was like they took the absolute worst from Fallout 4 and then just filled the game with bullshit. Why…

The third Spider-Man DLC pack is out but I haven’t downloaded or played it yet. Barely started the second. That game - and all the DLC - was well worth the money.

Still on chapter 3 of RDR2. Haven’t put much time into Online, but they’ve done a few give aways so I have some gold and in-game cash.

Played some Mortal Kombat X the other day. Last Mortal Kombat game I played was MK vs. DC. It sucked. This newer(ish) one is way better. I don’t love repetitive fighting games but it is a whole lot of fun.

And yeah, Fallout 76 seems like a debacle from start to finish. I can’t imagine being a fan and getting screwed over that hard.

Popping in to say the Switch pro controller is worth every NT!

1 Like

I haven’t got a switch but I play it at the RT Mart with my daughter sometimes. I can’t use those regular controllers. Just terrible. The pro controller looks essential.

The regular controllers aren’t the worst but they are definitely flimsy. I think the pro controller is one of the most ergonomic controllers i’ve ever held. All the buttons feel so good.

My hands cramp playing smash bro ultimate with the joycon grip. Wolfden did a controller review where he measured input delay across controllers, and surprisingly found the pro controller actually has the most lag.

I am still considering getting it though.

There seems to be an USB accessory that allows you to use PS4 controllers with the Switch. I’m also considering trying that, as it only costs under 600NTD.