What game are you playing?

COD zombie mode seems to be free to try for a week, starting tomorrow 14th

Never really liked COD much… really short campaign and honestly multiplayer is just the same old deathmatch/CTF/other FPS things.

Plus story seems to be getting worse by the year. Never tried Black ops 4, heard it’s pretty much multiplayer only without a campaign mode.

1 Like

Never played COD either, until my SO got hooked on Warzone (battle royale).

The zombie mode as far as I understand is hugely popular due to bring co-op. I liked that concept in WWZ, couch co-op can be loads of fun for a couple.

But actually, I’d love to find a good PC casual shooter multiplayer death match thing (cheap, not too goofy / fantasy-y, can choose loadout, can respawn, ok to play with controller ). Kinda like COD black ops cold war - but not as expensive ^^

Everything I found so far was either expensive (COD), just battle royale (warzone), goofy (very colorful unrealistic fantasy), or very few players still playing it…

I don’t know, if you just wanted mindless death match fps then counter strike, still popular in Taiwan for some reason, I’m sure there are stuff from id software as well…

i haven’t played a good fps in a long time (not usually my jam), but since you mentioned id software i’m really considering picking up doom eternal (when it’s on sale anyway).

COD Modern Warfare multiplayer mode is still being played by a lot of people. They all came running back from COD Cold War. Price was around 800 NTD last time I checked.

1 Like

I don’t like fps games anymore. Most the time the story is utter shit. I like open world game with RPG elements since most the time they’re story driven, but I hate, hate, hate stealth games. When I play deus ex or more recently, cyberpunk, I just Rambo my way through. Screw stealth.

1 Like

Thanks, CS would indeed match, except for the “casual” part - it seems very competitive, and for the respawn part (you die means you watch the rest of the round). Unfortunately I forgot to mention another requirement: playable with Controller. Added it above.

Interesting, thanks! 800 X 2 is still a bit more than I hoped for, but could be a good idea. There could be more sales coming.

Good luck playing first person shooter with a controller.

As for shooters I like halo a lot

Yeah, hence my unexpected issues finding good games ^^ I am ok with keyboard and mouse, but SO requires controller. She’s incompatible with mouse and keyboard. Yes I tried rebooting, and no I will not get a new SO. Any other one would be a downgrade.

Edit: actually in warzone there seems to be certain advantages for controller players, unexpectedly effective for many people. It’s cross play anyway, so tons of Xbox or PS people in the games with controller, and doing okay.

Halo fits very well, but was a quite a bit underwhelming for us. All of them. Feels like jumping around with toy guns :smiley:

Gears of war 1-5 were great for co-op, but already finished playing…

And I agree with you: the story of most shooters is… Yeah … Shit. Notable exception: Borderlands. Hilarious!

Even though it’s 2021, I’m playing Street of Rage 4. Favorite game since childhood

i get it i’ve beaten resident evil 4 four different times now? i know bloodborne like the back of my hand. final fantasy 9 twice fully, started it multiple times lol.

After nearly a year of delays, I finally received my limited edition physical copy for Switch a couple of weeks ago. I agree, it’s really good. Recaptures the spirit of the originals perfectly. Love the jazzy soundtrack.

Congrats! Completely agree with you, the soundtrack makes everything even more atmospheric

Will definitely try haven’t heard anything but praise. Need to buy a PS first though. Dunno when, maybe next holiday season.

1 Like

ohhh, right. that. i bought my first ps4 specifically to play bloodborne, but i know the resale market for electronics isn’t really that great here. i’ve always bought my consoles used and re-sold afterward. because i move around a lot, i’ve owned 4 different ps4’s at this point ha. yeah maybe just wait and get the new console when it becomes available and the price drops is a better call.

Why can’t they just make Knights of the old Republic 3? Anyone else remember that game fondly?

I guess I’m enjoying Hades? I’ve certainly put in plenty of hours in the past week. As I mentioned somewhere upthread, I suck at combat in games - this probably comes partly from being mildly bad at it with Atari back in my tweens, and then not trying again until my mid-40s. In Hades, I was dying a lot, finally turned on God mode, and now my damage resistance is somewhere in the 70s and a run last night lasted about an hour before I died somewhere in Elysium. Certainly an improvement on my first few (er, 20?) runs, which lasted perhaps two minutes!

I’ve read it’s a fantastic game, and it certainly appeared on plenty of best-of-2020 lists, but I’m just too unfamiliar with the genre to be able to tell. This is a roguelike? Is that right? I didn’t even know that term until a few weeks ago, and I guess it’s the first in the genre that I’ve played.

For people who don’t play many games: Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite have fantastic visuals and a cool story and ambience; combat’s important, but not such a key feature. You can basically set easy mode and still feel like you’re getting lots out of the game. With Hades, in god mode I get the sense I’m “skipping” what makes the game so special for many gamers. Most of the game is combat, and I’m just bashing keys without much of a clear idea of what I’m doing. I do often know what I should be doing, but my reaction speed just can’t do that. “Keep your distance, dodge the area-of-effect attacks, aim carefully when their shields are down” - yeah, I know that, but with my reaction speed you may as well be telling me “Oh, just catch the fly with your chopsticks, it’s fine.”

Bioshock: max out on wrench stuff, get close, and bash. Hades: max out on dash and strike stuff, mouse over the target, dash and bash dash and bash dash and bash. I’m such a strategist!

Oh, Bioshock Infinite: got the sniper rifle, and never looked back. Tonics? What are those? This became a giant weakness with the mob combat later in the game.

Or perhaps I should pick up a controller. I’ve been toying with the idea.

1 Like

They’d have to get Bioware on board…

But seriously I don’t like Ubisoft open world games… All of them feature radio towers and the same formula used in all of their open world games. I actually liked farcry better when it wasn’t open world.

By the way when I started playing Cyberpunk I chose the nomad path. Then you had to climb this radio tower and I kept thinking, “not another ubisoft radio tower again” but thankfully that was the only radio tower in the game (other life path did not have radio towers).