What game are you playing?

1 Like

I’ve been playing Heroes and Generals, a WWII shooter MMO after a break of about 6 years. I like it.

Miata’s are cool, rear wheel small body car with enough power to have fun.

I’m waiting for wolfensteine 2. Looks amazing .
https://youtu.be/dCFTLQcA0ZQ

The song at the beginning of the clip sounds very similar to the Babylon 5 season 4 theme song.

Looks pretty amazing.

Too linear for me.

I’m ok with linear when the story is so interesting that I’m exploring more about all of the story. For example witches 3, for a RPG I can’t really be anyone I choose but I like being Gerald.

Witcher 3 was epic. I’m still playing it. It was really open world.

I only recently picked up Wolfenstein New Order + Old Blood on a Steam sale and is probably only about 1/3 of the way through New Order. Taking it slow, bit quite enjoying the experience. Not sure if I’ll finish it before Destiny rolls around though…

Wanted to get Divinity 2 as well, but already lacking time as it is :frowning:.

I heard it wasn’t very good so I skipped it. But people that liked destiny 1 seemed to like it a lot. But looks like a lot time to commit.

Have a few friends that played Destiny 1 and kept trying to get me in. I waited, but am playing Destiny 2 with them. Was never really a big FPS fan, but I’ve enjoyed this so far. There’s a lot more to it than just PVP. It’s fun to play with your friends and there’s some public events in the open world where you’ll see other people. There’s an RPG aspect to it and you can choose/modify your character’s skills.

I’m not into FPS either but I joined the original Destiny Alpha and Beta and liked it. Didn’t buy the game until it was drastically reduced in price, but I did end up buying all the expansions. I’d originally heard bad things about it - that there wasn’t much content to begin with, stuff like that - so I’m glad I waited.

It’s a fun game overall, when you have something to do. Unfortunately, when you don’t have a group of friends who also play, it gets tedious and downright impossible. On the regular missions, you’ll randomly be joined up with people but on raids that just doesn’t happen. Not to mention some of the raids are impossible even in a big group unless you do a little bit of trial and error.

So I’m doing the same with Destiny 2. I’ll wait for it to go down in price and for the community to build up a bit. I do like the idea that they’ll match you with people for raids.

Oh, and lately I’m playing Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain. It’s one of the PS Plus game for this month, which is a great pick. I haven’t really played it much, but it’s fun. Very cinematic.

I agree, it’s mostly enjoyable when you have others jammin’ with you. I don’t do much solo grinding.

Thoroughly enjoyed Destiny 1, though due to real world commitments I dropped off before the House of Wolves DLC was released. Up until then I was grinding and farming almost daily. Destiny 2 was never a doubt as a must-buy for me, but did take a while to decide to play it on PC instead!

I dug the game out (PS3 version) and had another go. For some reason my previous save was gone and I had to start all over again. No idea why, but it was fine. I was only half an hour in.

It’s fun enough and the map is obviously huge. Plus there’s a lot of detail paid to almost everything. There’s going to be a bit of a learning curve. I have The Witcher 3 so I’ll probably get deep into that before tackling Skyrim. But I’ll keep an eye out for deals on the Skyrim PS4 remaster.

The data loss happened to me as well, I was expecting Steam to save files on their cloud but NOPE, lost 20 hours of progress on my first playthrough…
TW3 is a better game from nearly any point of view, even if every now and then it drags along a bit too much. I’ve enjoyed Skyrim more because it felt more like I was living my own adventure rather than Geralt’s.

Different genre but similar to Skyrim is Fallout 4. Many people described it as “Skyrim with guns” and the description is not too far off. The combat system is a huge upgrade over Skyrim. It’s true that the games are completely different so it can be hard to compare combat systems, but the shooting mechanics in F4 are pretty decent, while the combat in Skyrim is extremely clunky. In F4 I’ve also enjoyed the way in which I was able to follow the main storyline and make decisions that made a lot of difference in the endgame. I downloaded the pirated version of F4 because I’m always concerned about Bethesda games, playing them on launch is like being a beta tester, but eventually I purchased it when it was on sale because it’s a worthy game.

Grim Dawn - will start playing again soon for the already released Oct new expansion

Path of Exile - no-lifed for years

Divinity Original Sin 2 - currently playing

Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2, Destiny 2.

1 Like

What’s the verdict? I played the beta and it wasn’t bad but it was harder than the first. You needed to have a good team with you to make any real progress.

I really enjoyed the opening level where the Tower is being bombed to all hell.

Hmm I wouldn’t say it’s harder than D1, but I have switched to PC hence the relative lateness of this post. Story missions do not require any additional members in your fireteam (I’ve pretty much done all of it alone thus far), but I am only maybe 40-50% of the way through story missions.

The game looks fantastic and retains the responsiveness and flow that made D1 so good on consoles. Story, meh, and I do know there’s a lot of hate on the end-game content. But still, enjoying it a lot thus far!