What game are you playing?

Get them for free now, play them later :slight_smile:

I’m not a gamer, but I am looking for a relatively easy to play PC based game that only requires the use of a keyboard and mouse. Since I have no experience with games, I am thinking about a single player game so that I don’t completely embarrass myself. :slight_smile:
I think the last game I played was Final Fantasy II, so something along those lines, obviously updated would be great.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Was it Final Fantasy II for the Famicomm or Final Fantasy II for the Super NES? There’s a huge difference because Final Fantasy II and III was never released in the US, and Final Fantasy II for the SNES was actually Final Fantasy IV, and it’s a neutered version of it at that.

I may have gotten the details wrong. I honestly don’t remember what it was. It was a PC game where you recruited 3 or 4 other NPCs and solved various quests. (It may not have even been in the Final Fantasy series)

Then it was not Final Fantasy as the first Final Fantasy to go on PC was Final Fantasy VII.

It could have been other PC RPG at the time such as Baldur’s Gate or something like that…

Do you prefer fantasy roleplaying? I like shooters, loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the stories and gameplay (but also the shooting). Portal 2 is a fun game if you like puzzles (very similar to the very fun shooter Halflife), reasonably non-violent except for the robots that deserve it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4AEBk6KDY.

2 Likes

I’m guessing more fantasy role playing. I don’t think I’m fast enough for shooters anymore.

1 Like

You might try Octopath Traveler. It is a classic style JRPG that was well received.

1 Like

Alternating between Super Mario Maker 2 and the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition. Maker 2 is crazy fun, I bought Street Fighter out of a sense of nostalgia. It’s got all of the Street Fighter arcade games from 1987 to 1999.

It’s made me realize why the first Street Fighter was such a failure. Even aside from those “punch pads” on the arcade game it’s really hard to control. Street Fighter II was a vast improvement.

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it.

You could play this game at any MRT station…

And unlike Portal, the cake is NOT a lie.

2 Likes

By the way has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn?

Not Chinese 清明(節)but Japanese ‘pure and clear’. Same with 虎大 Kodai Industries.

Best FPS ever btw. And you could always have the cake between rounds (levels I guess since you only do campaign)?

1 Like

I only played the single player campaign, I’m not into multiplayer as it’s full of barely 13 year old gamers acting immature and microtransactions. I just want good story.

I’m playing and I started to like it.

Yea it really seems like a good game seeing how Cyberpunk 2077 is kinda frozen right now with incomplete stories due to Keanu Reeves wanting more lines in the game than originally planned. Honestly I wished CDPR either gave him a different role that had more lines (such as male V??) or just told him to f— off because it’s not like Keanu Reeves is lacking for work. They spent as much money as a MCU movie and still couldn’t deliver a complete game that is everything they promised.

I don’t want any spoilers but I hope Horizon Zero Dawn won’t have the same disappointing stories like Cyberpunk 2077.

I didn’t really like it. The story never clicked for me. And it’s a pretty rough game in the first few hours with difficulty.

Yea I hate hard games… so I use trainers.

Sky: Children of the Light

I’m blown away. Never imagined a phone game could be this great. It’s a “social” game. No killing, just exploring and puzzles. Lots of other people to friend and chat with.

It’s an obvious sequel to Journey, many parts are similar, but it’s also much, much bigger.

Graphics are what you’d imagine on a phone. It’s a third person 3d game. Totally free, but you can buy cosmetics to personalize your character. Also, people always want to show new people around.

No killing, no fighting. No stress. Not difficult at all, beautiful tho.

1 Like

I can recommend:

Subnautica
Skyrim
Northgard
Surviving Mars
What remains of Edith Finch

Check them out on Steam. There’s a summer sale going on at the moment.

4 Likes