What game are you playing?

Does your PC get faster when you put in a 3080 RTX into the simulated PC?

Oh and by the way, Marvel Avengers is actually quite good. The reviews I read were right after launch and it said it was only 10 hours. The campaign felt more like 20 hours or more. It was LONG, almost like Mass Effect but with Marvel heroes rather than Commander Shepherd. That was only episode 1… there are like a few more episodes that were released post launch… so this game is quite big.

LOL what an idea :happy_frog: Downloaded, maybe ill review this from a professional hardware perspective :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:free: :video_game:

I have a dedicated server running Valheim if anyone is interested. We have 4 active players atm with a discord channel.

1 Like

Don’t like that game personally, watched a few playthroughs of it, not my style. Too much depressive ‘plot’ and style in amongst irritating ‘fetch quests’. Soundtrack was interesting and the art style was cool but it’s one of a phase of really quite depressing Japanese games to come out of Square Enix in the same period. (FF15 another example)

I bought Far Cry 4 a little while ago, not really expecting much as it was cheap and is relatively old, but I really enjoyed that. The antagonist is extremely compelling, and playing it didn’t give me existential dread.

I never really liked Far Cry too much, the plot is confusing as hell. I do like Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon though.

Far Cry 3 is the one everyone rates but I preferred the fourth one, not familiar with the Blood Dragon thing, perhaps it’s a DLC?

Tried to play Far Cry 2 but it’s just an utterly terrible piece of software, Random unexplained frame-dropping and a bug which corrupts all your saves, such nostalgia! :crazy_face:

Far Cry 3 doesn’t portray women very well, shows its age quite badly here

Far Cry 3 blood dragon is some kind of an addon for Far Cry 3. It’s basically a cyberpunk version of Far Cry 3, but it has funny one liner at times.

I hated Far Cry 2, its plot is confusing as hell (reminds me of that blood diamond movie) and its gameplay sucks. You can drive around with jeeps but then you can’t shoot and move with it… which really sucked as you keep running into militants all the time. Also it has “weapon reliability” mechanics which sucks. Your weapon can suddenly break randomly. They got rid of it in later Far Cry titles.

First Dishonored is really good, the second is running at 30 fps on the xbox, I’m waiting for the the patch, same for Batman and many games, 30 is too low.

Anyone buy Nintendo Switch online?

Tempted bc it has Ocarina of Time, but I sure as hell do not want to buy a subscription to play the one game I really care about.

I was a huge fan of the original Farmville on FB, now Farmville 3 has been released today!

I started last of us 2.

2 Likes

Zelda OOT is a bit broken on the Switch, so I’d hold off if I were you. Also, the button mapping for the N64 games doesn’t make sense, so currently you need to get the $50 N64 controller (which is out of stock) to play the games comfortably. If you really want to play OOT legally, get it on the Wii-U VC or, the remastered version on the 3DS.

1 Like

Playing Astria Ascending… It’s a JRPG like game (think Final Fantasy, not the modern stuff but the old stuff) with cartoonish graphic.

Went back to try death stranding again. I know I can learn to enjoy it but it’s just not grabbing me. Just finished my fifth bloodborne play through and started sekiro again, on pc this time.

I have nier automata and played the first few hours but find I don’t have the patience for jrpgs anymore unless they’re exceptional, which may be the case with this one but the characters and palette are just so drab.

I’m a big undertale fan, and both deltarune chapter 1 and 2 are available for free on all platforms now so if you’re looking for a charming and easygoing character-driven rpg I highly recommend it. Had so much fun with it, and you can’t beat free.

I imagine 3DS is cheap, but Ocarina is still probably sold at retail price for second hand. Still tempted…

Taiwanese game based on the legends of Liāu Thiam-ting. You can even select Taigi as the language of choice.

3 Likes

358 NTD. Once again sucks to be a British Steam-user.

I’ve been playing it in Taigi mode, and the entire game is really a love letter to old Taipei city. The art of the city is really beautiful and takes you right back to the era.

When exploring the city, you can even listen to performers singing about the exploits of the main characters in traditional street performance. Although, the song was obviously written after the KMT occupied Taiwan, so perhaps the performers time traveled back to the Japanese era.

5 Likes

I bought it and have it installed! Looking for time to play, but really looking forward, it looks really great!

Wanted to say, it’s not only developed in Taiwan, it’s also published by the Taipei-based indie-game publisher Neon Doctrine :+1:

4 Likes