What is the age of consent in Taiwan?

Is it true that a lot of girls dress like little kids (e.g. hello kitty clothes)?

Out so soon?

HG

Bangkok gets a bad rep, but that’s a harsh attack on me.

You keep asking all the right questions.

HG

And that avatar makes a statment, yes it does.

The avatar is from an sweet anime called Serial Experiments: Lain. It is innocent as am I. Enough with the witch hunt.

Well we dont preach having sex with 18 year olds or 16 year olds (whatever the minimum legal age of consent) on this board. We think they are kids (especially Taiwanese girls really are kids at this age) and we dont want anyone leaning in that direction. Even if it was legal for a 16 year old to have sex with another 16 year old, we dont want 30somethings, 40 somethings , 50 somethings even thinking of having sex with these young ones. We dont even think 20 somethings should have sex with teenagers.

Thats why we frown on anyone even appearing to suggest that.

You’re saying you don’t see the double entendre there, or the way the avatar, otherwise innocent enough, looks sexualized the way it repeats just the short clip–mouth open, head falling back, hair bouncing?

With one or two acceptions, we’re not a bunch of idiots.

It was never my intention to even suggest that it was OK. All I did was copy what I read from the Taiwan Lonely Planet book I just bought yesterday. Sorry for the confusion, as I had no ill intentions. I was just providing concrete information to the question at hand. I think you are reading in to my comments a little too much.

It’s not like a posted the lyrics to several songs that practically endorse and normalize sleeping with underage girls! geez!

As for the avatar, if you perceive it as sexual or get some kind of thrill from it than you are the one who has a problem. It never even occurred to me that people might perceive it as sexual. Obviously you have not seen the anime as you would know her mood is despair and apathy. As I said earlier: Enough with the witch hunt!

double entendre where?

[quote=“Modest Mouse”]It was never my intention to even suggest that it was OK. All I did was copy what I read from the Taiwan Lonely Planet book I just bought yesterday. Sorry for the confusion, as I had no ill intentions. I was just providing concrete information to the question at hand. I think you are reading in to my comments a little too much.

It’s not like a posted the lyrics to several songs that practically endorse and normalize sleeping with underage girls! geez!

As for the avatar, if you perceive it as sexual or get some kind of thrill from it than you are the one who has a problem. It never even occurred to me that people might perceive it as sexual. Obviously you have not seen the anime as you would know her mood is despair and apathy. As I said earlier: Enough with the witch hunt![/quote]

I’m not on a witch hunt. I’m just pointing some things out. I’m sure the anime is just as you say. Next your posts about cradle robbing, it looks less than innocent. No one is saying you did anything, are they? I haven’t said you’ve done anything. You just sound like you want to. Whether you want to or not, you sound like you do.

What comment about cradle robbing?

It’s not verboten to ask what the age of consent is - that’s a discussion topic. MM didn’t imply he wanted an underage girlfriend and we shouldn’t infer it. As far as cutsie anime pics of innocent girls go, well jeez, Asia is full of them. I think they’re unsettling, but I don’t think that every person that is into anime is a hebophile or whatever the term is.

You’re saying you don’t see the double entendre there. . . With one or two acceptions, we’re not a bunch of idiots.[/quote]

Oh quit playing naive with us. Are you telling me you never noticed that Lain is an anagram for Anil? Need I remind you of how the Lord smote the sinners of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Or that Modest Mouse is an anagram for emoted sumos and some doe smut and mom does suet?

We weren’t born yesterday mr. smutty emu suet fiend. :raspberry:

quote=“housecat”] With one or two acceptions, we’re not a bunch of idiots.[/quote] It should be “exceptions” not acceptions, and I think you MUST be one of them!!! :smiley:

Thanks Maoman for injecting some objectivity in to this topic. :notworthy:

I’m not sure what comment I made about robbing the cradle? Care to explain housecat???

One possiblity is that some of you are projecting your repressed pedophilic feelings on to me ??? Of course you are going to deny (another defense mechanism) that possibility because you have repressed those feelings and are not consciously aware of them. (I knew my Psychology major would come in handy one of these days - It just happened to be in Taiwan):slight_smile:

Emu suet…now that’s just revolting.
:raspberry:

I’m totally in to Anil. Is that gross?

Seeing as your location is Bangkok, it may be a necessity…

Gross is a matter of perspective.

[quote=“Modest Mouse”]quote=“housecat”] With one or two acceptions, we’re not a bunch of idiots.[/quote] It should be “exceptions” not acceptions, and I think you MUST be one of them!!! :smiley:

I’m not sure what comment I made about robbing the cradle? Care to explain housecat???

[/quote]

Well, MM, what can I say? I’m infamous for my spelling and grammar-it’s part of what makes me me-and sometimes I can be one of the idiots to which I refer. Reading my posts about you this morning, they do seem a little over the top. So I appologize.

I’m having such incredable hormone fluxuations at the moment that I really should just lock myself in my house forbid myself to speak to anyone till it’s over.

Getting back on topic, according to my taiwanese friends and students the legal age is 16 for girls and 18 for boys.

Now don’t ask me why and my friends and students can’t tell me either.

According to local laws, to have sex with kids under 16 will be sued by the public procurator, it means the criminal person will be in jail definitely. But in a special case, the girl lied, looked very mature, and dressed like an adult, the judge judged the defendant innocent.

If have sex with kids under 18 but elder than 16, the kids may choose to sue or not. If the defendant can prove no force to have sex, or may get married with the kid soon, the judge may think the defendant innocent.

An unlucky case with a 17 boy had sex with a 16 girl, the girl’s parents found and sued the boy. Although their daughter loves the boy, the boy is very possibly criminal. (I guess they are still fighting.)