What Movies Are You Watching —2018—

Money. 10 year contract guarantee. More money. Freedom to take any other pet proyect she feels like since she has the money to do so after being Captain Marvel.

Hold it there until tomorrow. Then we can talk. No Imgur, no FB -do not open comments section in anything!, no Interweb…unless it is shopping.

Seriously, what is it with those killjoys who put spoilers everywhere?! :rant:

It’s really killing me that nobody I know has seen it. Well, except my wife, but she barely knew who anybody was or what was going on.

Total social media black out would be the way to go, although I haven’t seen anything too spoilerific yet.

I just skimmed the top articles on te subject and earliest were quite enthusiastic, while some otehrs were frankly dissapointed.

I am a bit concerned about the two hour duration. At my age, that is quite a beating. Can one take a bum pillow inside the theater?

I’m sure you can wear a diaper :rofl:

And my back? My ciatica? My poor bones can’t take it, least of all my bladder.

Two hours thirty minutes.

I wish they’d bring back intermissions.

Phantom Thread anyone? Daniel Day-Lewis’ last ever movie.

It’s on my watch list. Have you seen it?

Seen it. Intensity in ten cities.

You can’t go wrong with PTA and DDL. I’m taking his retirement talk with a grain of salt.

Ok, now that it’s momentarily safe for non-superhero/MCU/DC movies that are not Star Wars movies, I saw Steven Soderbergh’s Logan Lucky yesterday. Comedy heist movie with Daniel Craig, Katie Holmes, Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Hilary Swank, Seth McFarlane, and Soderbergh regular Riley Keough. Screenplay is by Rebecca Blunt (no idea who that is). This time the target is Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Tatum, Driver, and Keough are brothers and a sister surnamed Logan locally famous for being unlucky.

Loved it. Very funny, a bit droll. Craig does a passable turn as Joe Bang, an incarcerated safecracker hillbilly with two dim-bulb brothers named Sam and Fish. Soderbergh is a great storyteller with a world-class ear for dialogue. Highly recommend.

By far the best out of all BP nominees this year. It’s brilliant.

Went to see Avengers 3 so that I could say I’ve seen it then shit on it (yes I’m one of those people). It met my expectations, aka mediocre. Plenty of plot holes and most of the jokes were extremely unfunny. My eyes were rolled to the back of my head when the whole theatre started laughing at one of their lazy jokes. I especially hated Ruffalo, whom I find to be the weak link in almost everything he’s in. He was just annoying.

1 Like

I’ll probably catch Avenger 3 if and only if ALS sets in and I can’t wrangle a remote at the nursing home, so can’t say about that. However, Mark Ruffalo is way overrrated in my book. Way.

1 Like

You hate it so much… you dropped everything to rush and see it on opening night. :roll_eyes: You must be an absolute joy to go to the cinema with.

I tuned out CBMs a few years ago. I made an exception for ‘Logan’, which is just awesome. But most of them just leave me with a sense of spectacle fatigue. Everything is so damn colorful, epic, high stakes, and dramatic, that it overwhelms the senses and becomes a boring cacophony of senseless noise.

I’ll probably catch this movie in a couple years when everyone else has moved on. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

25th was the opening night. Besides it opened in the morning. I saw it tonight.

I find your insensitive comments about differently abled people extremely offensive!

I finally found the time to sit down and watch Phantom Thread, and it was excellent indeed. The plot was a little thin, but the acting was top notch and the cinematography was amazing. Haven’t seen a period piece that good in a long time. It blew The Shape of Water completely out of the water.