What Movies Are You Watching —2018—

The girl with the dragon tattoo, great, intriguing, will watch again, 8.

The Man Who Was Not There, Billie Bob Thornton, interesting in beginning then falls off, 6.

Bitch Slap, terrible 3.

Swedish or Hollywood version?

Sling Blade.

I guess Hollywood, with the James Bond guy.

The trailer for the 4th incarnation of A Star is Born is out. Not bad. Most impressed. I think Lady Gaga is really talented and Bradley Cooper chooses serious material.

1. 1937 ~ A Star Is Born - Janet Gaynor
  2. 1954 ~ A Star Is Born - Judy Garland
  3. 1976 ~ A Star Is Born - Barbra Streisand
  4. 2018 ~ A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga

Second half to end of the year will have quite an interesting selection of films coming up.

^I thought the trailer looked pretty generic.

Jurassic world was awesome on imax

Finally getting around to Black Panther.

It’s on pause atm. Meh.

Waiting for Hereditary to scare the berjesus out of me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWKNij_1M

on its release week anyone who criticized it was automatically considered a member of the KKK and the rating on many websites wad on par (or higher than) movies like Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind etc.
Now it’s been out for a while, so it’s safer to just say it’s simply “generic super hero movie #6478”.

It is already playing at second tier cinemas if anyone missed it.

Black Panther? It’s out on blu-ray. The 4K UHD transfer is decent; audio is a bit lackluster.

Awesome. Must go to the local rental store and check out if it is there already. There is a part there they mentioned in comments about Infinity War I want to see again.

Enjoyed it much more the second time. I guess because I knew what to expect. I really dig the James Bondy parts. I’ll be happy if they ramp that up for the sequel.

I saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on the weekend. It was what it was, I guess you can’t expect much from it but somehow it still disappointed me a bit. The action and all that was exciting, so that’s a plus, but the movie was a bit too long and had too many acts. Plus, you know, the whole genetically modified dinosaur thing - I thought they’d learned from the last movie not to do that… apparently not. I also don’t get if B.D. Wong’s character is supposed to be a villain or what.

Saw Ocean 8
Not bad

Watched old Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Kind of bogged down in crazy family issues in middle, but good ending for it’s time.

1 Like

It was better than the first Hulk and the FF. My kid says the bad guy was essentially Magneto all over again and I find it hard to disagree. And vibranium seems to be the “I’m rubber and you’re glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you” kind of thing. Early Marvel thinking. lol

I was pretty excited when they decided to make it but I’m still unsure about the whole new cast of characters. Did you feel like they just made it to cash in on the series hoping a group of ladies would do that or did it hold up on its own vs the trilogy?

11 was better but the all girl cast pulled it off, it was pretty nicely done given it was ocean for girls.

Is it suppose to be a chick flick like brides maid or something?