What to do to when a Taiwanese woman suddenly stops messaging me?

Most flight attendants are just trying to do their job and cash their check like anybody else.

Most.

Pork , sausage, Nigeria… see what I did here ?:joy:

Hey, knowing a flight attendant outside Taiwan is no big deal.
When you’re stuck on the inside, they become goddesses.
My student’s mother, for years, was able to get me like hypoallergenic deodorant and other natural health care products among other things when they were impossible to find in Taiwan.

Honestly it’s kind of shitty work. Compared to other jobs on the island it’s definitely not bad, but in the end it’s basically just a glorified customer service job that fucks up your sleep schedule.

2 Likes

If we’re generalizing all Taiwanese women as “boring”, then I can generalize all American chicks as “fake af”? Yes, sure, knock-off handbags are more popular here. But they have knock-off personalities. Everyone speaks like they’re emulating the speech patterns of their favorite millennial star, and everyone is a bit more mean, cynical and entitled. Spend a week on Tinder in the US and you’ll understand.

Taiwanese women >>>> yank women

yea thats the reality. its definitely a status job here. most of them have IGs and show off a glamorized version though, they are very popular.

Had a family member who was never on a airplane before. She used to idealize air attendants as some kind of engineer pilot marvel stuff. As soon as she boarded and saw the trolley of food and the attendants apening bottle and such, she said, oh, I thought they were supposed to operate the plane etc. didn’t know then were only bartenders and waiters in a different location. After that my cousin could never brag about being a flight attendant to her, she would just go: oh yea, 90% of what you do is just serving people stuff.
Poor girl.

1 Like

Let’s not turn this originally innocuous and vaguely funny thread into some kind of misogynist pissing contest. Please.

Some people in the world are cool. Some people in the world are not cool. Someone you think is boring might be interesting to someone else, and vice versa. The end.

3 Likes

For cryin out loud, can we please get our sweeping generalizations straight???
I thought we were going with “All Taiwanese women are batshit crazy”!?!?
If there’s been a policy change, a friggin memo would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed. But we all know what they’re really doing. Cleaning lavatories that have been trashed by mainlanders, dealing with creeps and jackasses, soaking up piss, shit, and vomit stains with coffee grounds, sleeping off jet lag in a hotel room…the selfies are cute, though!

1 Like

I’ve only ever met one truly crazy girl and she was as American as apple pie and preemptive military action based on misleading evidence.

You know what would be really cool is a flight attendant who used IG to document the bullshit parts of her job as much as she documents the fun parts. I’d love to follow that.

1 Like

I dated a hot stewardess before, and she was boring as all get out. She basically got to travel the world on the company dime, and when I asked her what she did in all those exotic locales, her answer was, “Oh, we just sit around at the hotel and watch TV.” We weren’t dating for long…

3 Likes

Far and away the best perk of knowing a flight attendant is getting good deals on tickets and occasionally getting bumped to first class for free, if you fly on standby.

Or just occasionally getting bumped.

2 Likes

True, true. It’s the risk you take!

You nasty, nasty man.

I mean, business class is fine.

Sure, makes it easier to join the mile high club.

I pissed myself on a plane once…does that count?

3 Likes