What TV are you watching (2020)?

Aren’t a lot of these shows available for purchase on MOD?

Yes. And it’s very good. Never been a fan of The Grant Man, but he is brilliant in this.

Look, I am a die-hard Trekkie and I never could handle TNG. I managed the movies because loyalty but …

O tried recently to watch it again…hell no.

Voyager was a lot easier to muddle through. Then it gets good…with the occasional pitfall.

DS9 is simply awesome, much easier as a connected story and more conflict, better drawn characters.

I saw one episode each of the new stuff…not my cup of tea.

Have you seen the animated ST? It is surprisingly interesting. Not kiddie stuff.

1 Like

Which one? There’s two: the new Lower Decks (not yet legally available in Taiwan, I think; I’ve heard good things about it), or the animated series from the 70s with the original characters (on Netflix here; not particularly good, I think - occasional OK writing, and truly dire animation, even for 1970s Saturday morning).

EDIT: seriously, really, for anyone who wants to try out Star Trek: The Next Generation and see whether or not they like it, do NOT start at the beginning! Just start with Season 3. It’s not like shows today where there’s an ongoing story and you’re going to be confused jumping in the middle. This is back in the days when TV shows were mostly written to be seen in no particular order by audiences with no idea who the characters were. I’m not going to say Season 3 is must-watch TV either, but if you don’t like the first few episodes (none fantastic, but mostly pretty solid), then it’s probably time to quit.

1 Like

Oh hell no, I mean the older one from the 70s with characters from the original ST.

I have the books from Alan Dean Foster which explained and expanded these stories. A favorite.

1 Like

where…how?
I grew up with that show

I tried

1 Like

Oh yeah … you’re probably going to hate to hear this line, because I hate hearing it all the time, but apparently it consistently gets better through the season - plenty of people were pretty unsure about it after the first episode or two, but much more enthusiastic about it towards the end.

When / if it shows up legally here, I’ll for sure watch it through, but that’s because I’m a friggin’ addict to the franchise.

2 Likes

What’s a good website for checking availability there? Is there one? I think we may even have cable or MOD with our land line and internet, even though nothing except an Apple TV & increasingly decrepit DVD player have been connected to our TV in years.

Here, one more time:

And I say it again: I tried watching it way back when it started, but it was like having Pepsi, heck, watered down tea, instead of Coke. Not satisfactory at all.

1 Like

Apple TV / iTunes

@Gain did you write an angry comment? :grin:

1 Like

Of course not. It was Charles’ fault not Camilla.

1 Like

Yeah baby, yeah!

1 Like

Too bad. Loved his act in The Good Wife. He is still too young to retire…

I’ve been watching Barbarian, like an episode a week.

It’s probably a lot more fun if I didn’t know how the battle would end.

I watched the first 1.5 episodes and found it a bit underwhelming. Maybe for the same reason as you: I know the ending.

I did find the borderline Karen nature given to Segestes, father-in-law of Arminius and definitely pro-Roman, a little interesting. What I saw of him in those 1.5 episodes did make me want to stick around long enough to see him betray his son-in-law by sharing his plans with Varus, who chose to ignore the warning, though. Maybe I’ll take it up again.

The actual event was a profound fork in the road for Western civilization in that it precluded almost all subsequent Roman involvement with Europe east of the Rhine. A real big deal by 1914.

I got to that part and it played out very nicely. The details that the show filled in made the entire scenario very believable. There are many parts of the series that feel a bit lacking. It’s probably mostly related to budget issues.

If got time I’m tune to Gotham.
But most of spare time on kids cartoon series of course with little one.

Binge-watched 5 episodes of The Undoing. Good whodunnit. Much better than the plot presents.

I think it was Mr Mustard in the dining room with the candlestick.

There is one more unreasonable suspect in the middle of it all… and maybe had one or more accomplice that is helping hide it.

1 Like