What TV shows are you watching (2021)?

Two shows this week:

The Great: About Catherine the Great. Rather smutty but any show where the Prince sharts, cums, and pukes AT THE SAME TIME while partaking in intercourse (S1 E5 13:30 and admits it at 21:15) with the court ladies is colorful to say the least.

A very British Scandal: BBC drama about the Dirty Duchess of Argyll…kind of boring…was expecting more lewdness.

The Witcher Season 2
Netflix

S2E1 was very good

2 Likes

I don’t know how it compares to the book but this is the best TV I’ve watched this year…

1 Like

I read the book some years ago, don’t remember being very impressed and I’m sure I gave it away instead of saving for another read (a sure sign that it was an underwhelming read)

Hopefully the show is better, I got the first 5 episodes on my pc, maybe tonight I’ll start it

Dexter ep. 8 now though… Last episode ended with a bang, should be good

neXt

My only complaint is …only 8 episodes.

And ending felt kind of rushed,/weird edition.

And no shirtless Cavil. We do get another shirtless character, which I did enjoy. Fan pleased.

1 Like

American Gods

Good show. Can watch a clip like this and have no idea what is happening in the main story as the show crosses time and space and life and death.

Edit: Episode 5 wow.

1 Like

The books are much better

1 Like

I’m not sure could keep up in a book with all the different storylines across time. I expect would lose track if I put the book down for even a few days.

one book IIRC, and the tv show adds a lot of sub plots to make it last longer.

2 Likes

Yes, but there are other books that tie into the same universe

2 Likes

American Gods finished season 1.

Damn this show is creative, screen adaptation is amazing and I haven’t even read the book and I can’t imagine the book being able to inspire the creative images that the TV show produces.

Since the 2022 thread isn’t here yet, I’m here to say I’ve started binging Cobra Kai.

I’m in and out of the postnatal care center, and when I get a bit of down time after each feeding session, I’d put it on. It’s as good as everyone has been saying.

I’m not the biggest fan of the Karate Kid movies. Always found them a bit corny and preachy. It’s amazing how they turned that into a fun and edgy series.

The show setups its characters perfectly from season 1. Although it does feel like all the potential character developments for the main characters, such as Miguel, Hawk, Sam, Johnny and Daniel have all ran their course, hence they are introducing next gen characters. I’d love to see how the show can keep things fresh.

4 Likes

Doesn’t that mean you should start it? Maybe I’ve been doing this wrong…

I’d like to keep the tradition of you start this thread every year going.

I only started it last year, did I break someone’s tradition? I’m also not in a position to watch much TV right now, so I’m a bad choice…

edit: I checked, looks like @tempogain in 2019 and @lostinasia in 2020, so no tradition for this one. all yours if you are first, @hansioux

1 Like

@Rockefeller will probably split the thread and close the old one.

There already is a 2022 thread, but for some reason it’s over in the Living in Taiwan forum:

@Rockefeller, maybe move that over to Arts & Entertainment?

1 Like

:+1:

Find the new thread below. Happy New Year guys!

1 Like