What TV shows are you watching (2022)

I finished Hacks and it was really funny. I am watching Call My Agent and Ted Lasso now.

I’ve heard good things about Better Call Saul but I never finished Breaking Bad so I feel like I wouldn’t understand anything.

1 Like

BCSaul is all before BB.

2 Likes

I know but people say you should watch Breaking Bad before Better Call Saul and I don’t like Breaking Bad enough to finish it.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary to watch BB first. There are many elements of BCS that stand on their own. And except for knowing how certain relationships turn out, the plot moves on its own.

1 Like

You could even argue it is better to watch BCS first, since you avoid pre-knowledge of lots of characters eventual fate, making the stakes larger.

3 Likes

I started watching Dix pour cent (Call My Agent in English) on Netflix and I am shocked by how good it is. Its take on Paris is so accurate, aka everyone’s always on edge and yelling at each other all the time.

I also saw one ep of Ted Lasso and I liked it. I will finish it soon.

Rewatching Derry Girls. The language is so rich.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about this show too. I feel like there’s a lot of really good BBC shows that ppl outside Britain have never heard of. Mum is another one I’ve been wanting to watch.

You guys think apple tv is worth it? Or is it just Ted lasso that’s good? Haven’t heard about any of the other shows

Mum is spectacular. Him and Her, by the same writer, also fantastic.

1 Like

I’m not watching it on Apple TV.

Nah. We spent more time looking for stuff to watch than watching stuff.

2 Likes

Severance is on Apple TV, and it’s almost definitely the most praised show in this thread. For All Mankind is excellent and I don’t seem to be idiosyncratic in that opinion. I loved Foundation, although critics were more mixed on that one.

I’ve also heard good things about Dickinson, Pachinko, and Slow Horses, but haven’t watched them yet.

There’s a growing catalog of films. I enjoyed Denzel Washington’s Macbeth and thought Wolfwalkers was one of the best animated films of the past decade. Coda did well at the Oscars but despite that I haven’t heard particularly good things about it.

Apple TV seemed like a vanity project a few years ago, but they’ve turned into a good collection. Their premium line of current shows is as good as anywhere else at the moment - but there isn’t much depth in the catalogue.

2 Likes

It was awesome.

1 Like

The Lincoln Lawyer was a fun watch on Netflix.

1 Like

Excellent TV.

Good world building, but the plot is meandering and lacking in tension.

Worth it just for Gary Oldman’s performance, but plot is a little confusing and lacking in focus.

Fun to watch, but a little by the numbers and emotionally manipulative.

Quite enjoyed it. Fun plot twists and the leading actor has a little of that classic Hollywood leading man charisma.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll agree with that. I like world building more than most. The empire side, fantastic TV. The actual Foundation side, solid but not great.

1 Like

Very pretty to look at. Also liked the water world planet…what was it? Syntax?

1 Like

I’m waiting to have a light schedule and sign up for the free week to binge severance and maybe see a few other things. Can watch the first episode of everything before signing up for the trial. I have an apple tv box so i already have the app

1 Like

The only shows I found worthwhile are the first season of Ted Lasso, 2nd season just lost its charm tbh.

I also liked Servant.

Didn’t find the other shows all the interesting.