What TV shows are you watching (2022)

Really? I haven’t read any bad reviews about the show. Everyone seems to love it.

Severance and (to a lesser degree) For All Mankind make it worth it imo.

1 Like

Idk, for me the part that was interesting was him coming to the UK as I could easily relate to everything he was going through.

1 Like

Severance is very good but the core idea bugs me so much. How in the hell would anyone allow severance to actually happen? It is so obviously easy to abuse. The employees make a video and that’s it for consent. Ridiculous. I could see it happen if we got to a dystopia like 1984, but not before.

Love on the spectrum US.

It’s an absolutely life affirming show about adults with autism (and other conditions) looking for love, and if you don’t cry when watching it, then yes you are a black hearted monster.

3 Likes

I liked the Australian version better, but the American one is quite good too.

2 Likes

How was it different? There’s a UK version too that I’ll get into soon enough.

Seemed like the participants were even more quirky and colorful, and there’s lots of nice Australian scenery, wild cockatoos and such (which I’m a sucker for).

2 Likes

Sweeeeet

‘For All Mankind’ season 3 premiere is now on Apple TV. I’m too tired to watch it right now, but will probably get around to it this weekend.

1 Like

Better Call Saul, is just amazing.

5 Likes

I just finished the last episode of the US one. I’m a crying mess. Subodh and Rachel, David and Abbey🥹

When Subodh’s dad cries I can’t help joining him. It’s so wonderful to see how happy he is for his son.

1 Like

I’m a hard hearted bastard but this one touched me to the. core.

2 Likes

I mistakenly thought the other series was English, even though you wrote it was Australian. Just binged series one and I still like Subodh and Rachel from the US as the most adorable couple.

I’ve pretty much been crying all day today :joy::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Well I’m only a few episodes in season 1 and holy shit this show’s precious as fuck

2 Likes

Finally got around to ‘Loki’ season 1. I liked it. I’m so burnt out on the MCU films, but the TV shows continue to impress me (perhaps because they’re not as formulaic). They succeeded in making Loki a sympathetic protagonist. Some good twists, interesting ideas, and great effects for TV. Occasionally dragged a bit here and there, but never for too long. Unlike WandaVision and Moon Knight (both of which I also enjoyed), I heard this one is returning for a second season… I’ll check it out when it does. 8.5/10

The Marvel shows left for me include Hawkeye and The Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Are they as good?

4 Likes

I didn’t like any of them.

Kinda the B Squad aren’t they?

Well, I heard ‘Falcon & Winter Soldier’ wasn’t as good. I have no problem with B squad characters… just not B grade writing.

Why?

1 Like

I think i’m burnt out of MCU in general. But I didn’t find them that interesting in general.