What TV shows are you watching (2022)

Personally I think rings of power is garbage, just atrocious writing in general. I just started house of the dragon and it’s top notch so far. Much much better writing and story telling (so far)

I also just started boardwalk empire. The writing and cinematography is phenomenal. It’s really really good stuff

Written by Vince Gilligan, comedian Bryan Cranston does a great turn as a regular guy driven to criminal behaviour by illness and a tragic love for his wife. The deserts of the southwest US provide a sterile backdrop that works well

3 Likes

Some others in season 6 are ok, but not great

One Freaky Friday double episode with Michael McKean (of Spinal Tap fame) and Mulder trading bodies was a bit over the top with the gags. And another with Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead Ash) having not enough gags. They just can’t seem to get the balance back

1 Like

Anybody watching the new series of Taskmaster? It’s a great line up. Ferne Brady is highly entertaining.
How about the latest series of Ghosts? Mike’s character has developed a lot, and while there is less comedy around the ghosts being unseen, it still shows no signs of wearing thin. Daisy Wix is brilliant, I find her great to watch in everything she is in.
Sandro on Bake Off is doing my nut in a bit. Kevin will surely go next week, no? And can Matt stand to lose any more weight?
And it’s not TV, but I am delighted by the start of the 4th series of Alexei Sayle’s Imaginary Sandwich Bar on Radio 4. He skewers Cressida Dick in episode one. I love a Marxist comedian, me.

Probably nobody here has any clue what I’m going on about. :joy:

1 Like

I have to say Larry is the best thing on TV that I’m watching. Liotta is tobekind just off, overacting and uncommitted, imho. But, Larry talking about his 100 and carving blackbirds to care for the dead, was friggin chilling.

He’s a good actor. I loved him in ‘I, Tonya.’ He always plays misfits or weirdos though.

He won’t be doing any daddy day care with The Rock anytime soon after this show.

Hi. Is this where people talk about shows? I guess I’m too late for Better Call Saul season 6 unfortunately, but definitely here for the Andor talk. *** potential Andor spoilers ahead *** I really like the slow burn and character development so far. Stellan Skarsgard is probably my favorite, how he goes from smarmy antiques dealer to fiery proto-rebel leader in the same scene. I’m picturing him talking to a bunch of co-eds about math in Good Will Hunting lol. Diego Luna’s Cassian is also great. Full disclosure, Rogue One is one of my favorite Star Wars movies because it had a pinpoint focus (compared to the sequel trilogy) and really delivered. It’s great to see Andor’s origins and how he’s still just in it for the money (as of ep 7) but will eventually be converted to the cause. Ep 6 The Eye was a visual treat and we still get to see Forest Whittaker as Saw Gerrera later this season! Will the Bor Gullet make an appearance? Probably not, but we should be in store for some other surprises.

4 Likes

Nice avatar…harsh but effective. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi haha it gets the job done for around 40 NT (or less if there’s a sale on)!

Funny I didn’t like rouge one very much but I watched the first two episodes of Andor and I think it’s really solid.

I’ve hated pretty much everything Disney has done involving star wars (I did like mandalorian season 1 but didn’t like the second season much)

Obviously I haven’t gotten far enough to know what you are talking about in the later episodes

1 Like

It’s where people mostly talk about derivative American television programmes. If you’ve watched an American super hero thing, or an American crime thing, or something on Netflix or HBO… this is your spot.

:joy:

Oh shut up, other wolf.

2 Likes

It’s pretty accurate, can’t deny that.

But this is Wolf…

That trans Ronnie James Dio?

Close.

It’s Michael Van Wijk. Known throughout the British Isles as Wolf.

Awoooga!

Has this changed, or did I get it wrong? Now I only see Season 3, darn it. Anyway, finished that off last night. I’m still enjoying it. Good to see Doug Jones (well, top half of him) back!

Andor has definitely grown on me. What initially came across as slow & dull is now - for me, anyway - excellent development of worlds and characters. Impressively claustrophobic atmosphere in the recent introduction of Andor’s prison. Obi-Wan Kenobi was improved by background watching, because a lot of it fell apart if you tried to pay attention; but Andor is improved by attention.

In recently wrapped up seasons of genre TV: I’ve got mixed feelings about House of the Dragon. Great writing, acting, effects, pacing, etc. - but significantly hampered by the fact that I don’t actually care about any of the characters. Shakespearean in a Titus Andronicus sense. Am I going to be engaged in four or five seasons of monstrous people doing monstrous things to each other?

I don’t think Rings of Power had a particularly successful first season - many writing issues - but I still enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops. (Unlike with House of the Dragon, where I do know the story, and I know it just gets darker! This season is the halcyon time before things turn bad!)

Chucky

I like it for some reason, oddball unexpected story lines, interesting cinematography,
curious characters, just fun simple escapism with little to nothing to be scared about.

Jennifer Tilly plays herself and is silly stupid funny.

I’ve never watched the movies or anything but it’s on local TV so I stumbled upon it.

On local TV changhua channel 384 lately.

1 Like

I like horror, and horror anthology, and it’s the time of year

Just coming into the second last episode now. Overall, i liked it

Forgot to mention some great actors involved. Tim Blake Nelson in the opener, Crispin Glover, and now Peter Weller just popped up!

2 Likes

Watched the first four. A couple were pathetic. A couple were okay.
But I’m not much of a horror fan.