What TV shows are you watching (2022)

Finally got around to watching ‘The Bear.’ Pretty breezy. Only 8 episodes and most are around half an hour each (except for the finale which is 45 minutes). It’s great that Disney+ is starting to carry Hulu and Starz shows now.

As for the show, I liked it. But it was hyped so much and for me personally it fell a bit short of those lofty expectations. I thought there were some plot contrivances and a couple characters that acted a bit cliched. I think it might also connect more with those who work as chefs (Maybe we need a ‘The Bear’ style show about the hustle-and-bustle lifestyle of the ESL teacher in Asia). That said, still enjoyable enough that I’ll check out season 2. Good acting from the main character Carmy (even if I felt a few other actors in the ensemble hammed it up too much) and a few great scenes that stuck with me enough to keep me watching. Just not the best show of the year as I’ve seen reported elsewhere. 7.5/10

2 Likes

Who is hyping it? I stumbled across it like pretty much everything else we watch, which now includes the woke remake of Jeffery Dahmer. I mean, he was really turning the corner there with his deaf bf, right up until he killed him with a hammer and then got caught, like the next day, trying to kill another guy.

People?

Like online people, articles, or people people at work? I rarely read anything about a show I haven’t seen. Just curious, not setting you up for a troll. lol

Some online articles, review sites, social media posts, you know, the usual.

Ah, so you. :wink:

:thinking:

1 Like

You hyped it up by reading about it. No big deal. You do you. I don’t even remember what show we were talking about. Lol

sigh… okay, good night, @jdsmith

1 Like

R1 is brilliant, easily the best Disney-era film. The sequels are comparatively trash. And yes, with Andor, even better. Can we hope for some Krennic in season 2 (actor is prob too busy but who knows…)?

Imagine a world where Disney had a modicum of restraint and only made SW films that had a reason for being such as R1. I used to really dislike the prequels but many fans have made compelling arguments for why the Disney sequels are even worse, and I can’t say they’re wrong. As stupid as Lucas’s ideas could be, at least they were his, and not cooked up by a committee in a boardroom checking off boxes.

1 Like

I liked that the entire book of boba fett turned out to be a covert mandalorian episode

Sort of TV related. That 90s Show is coming to Netflix in January .

I’m an 80s fantasy nerd, so the Willow series I’ve been looking forward to

30 minutes into the first episode, it feels like GoT strongly geared towards adolescent girls

1 Like

Murderville is great.

Wednesday

Didn’t expect to like it but first episode was fun enough to keep watching.

Directed by Tim Burton

1 Like

Just watched the first episode. They ruined it. Too clean, too Disneyfied, weapons look fake, acting is dry and forced, too much modern times influnce in their voices and mannerisms, and of course Disney with their agenda had to throw in an obligatory lesbian affair between main characters…just to check it off their checklist. It feels too forced. Not against it, but the way they are doing it is like trying to preach.

Its all…meh. And without Val Kilmer it has lost its spark.

1 Like

white lotus is pretty outstanding. 2nd season better than the first.

Halfway through Andor. It’s great.

Imagine how good Disney’s Star Wars rep would be if they were halfway restrained and only made worthwhile projects like Andor and Rogue One.

4 Likes

It ends too soon. You will be left wanting more right when things get really good.

1 Like