What's the very BEST damned burger in Taipei?

Was it a thick American style milkshake?

Yep!
With two marshmallows on top!

2 Likes

Looks great and thanks for the recommendation.

But I have got to ask, what the hell kind of burger did you order? what are those deep fried things in the middle, what was the green sauce in the middle and is that a beef pattie down below and what is the sauce covering it?

Bun looks great.

You ask too many questions for which I have no answer… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But thank you! I now have an excuse to go back there and eat it again, so I can answer you :wink:

1 Like

Last time I had burger at KGB:

Deep fried onion 1 stomach 0

1 Like

I went to

I went today, as described the burgers were great and the boss man was super friendly despite a full store. Would go again when I’m in the area!

2 Likes

I also like this place here in Kaoshuing. Its been here a few years good to know they more cafes now. It was called Gary Bee’s before.

2 Likes

I just went to this place for the first time this week, but I visited their Taipei store. The owner was super involved and spoke to every guest in the restaurant, as well as serving as host, really friendly guy. I’d go back for the service alone, it reminded me of being back home. Burgers were quality, a little oddball for me, but good. Personally I just like a solid cheeseburger with lettuce onion tomato.

Any other Kaohsiung recommendations? I’m definitely visiting this one!

edit: actually, this was my exact experience, except with my partner (no entire family) :arrow_down:

Same story. We were seeking steaks actually, but there was no way that was happening on Christmas in Banqiao at a decent place without reservation, even for two people. We were lucky to get in to Lovss. We spotted the long queue and checked it out online and yup that was it. Great decision.

1 Like

@Liub and @strung.in glad to see it was not a one time thing and the service is always like that!

1 Like

Start a Kaoshuing burger topic and I will add my favorite choices

1 Like

I actually went to this place tonight for dinner and it was good.

3 Likes

Mary’s Diner in TienMu - classic old-skool burger, fresh made with decades of experience

1 Like

If in Tienmu, I’d choose Louis Burger over Mary’s…
Try the Rocket burger… double patty recommended.

1 Like

What did you try?

A burger. Don’t remember the name. The beef one with a sunny-side up.

GB’s has the best cheeseburger. Any of them.

However, since COVID, they clearly started freezing their meat, like many other places have been doing. Since then, JB’s in TianMu has the best cheeseburgers.

Chili’s and TGI Fridays always makes a reliable burger. The Diner is great, too.

I mean, heh, these are all non-Taiwanese places (unless The Diner counts, but pretty sure they’re foreigners), but you asked! I haven’t yet to find “the one true” burger made by an actual Taiwanese brand. Even if you do find one, it’ll be served with Kraft fake cheese and 5 lbs of iceberg lettuce. EDIT: Branched off:

JB’s isn’t even one of the best burgers in Tianmu, let alone Taipei.

:crickets:

What’s the point of posting this if you aren’t going to tell us what the better place is?

1 Like

My personal choice in Tianmu would be Burger O’Clock, since Epic Burger is no longer. There are solid arguments to be made for a couple of other places (in Tiamu, that is-- many more city-wide), but JB’s isn’t one of them. Their food is pretty mediocre across the board. The fact that you even mention chain places in the conversation tells me there’s a problem, though.

LOUIS’ BURGERS
No. 27號, Section 7, Zhongshan North Road, Shilin District, Taipei City, 111
0930 994 327

This is also better than JB’s. Haven’t tried burger o’clock, putting it on the list.

1 Like