Where's the best Malaysian or Singaporean food?

Exactly. It’s pretty unhealthy stuff to be honest.

Gutter oil in 10% of prepared foods in China…

Go to Malaysia or Singapore!

If you are in Malaysia and eating Chinese food, you are clearly not visiting for the cuisine. Malaysia is one of the few places i will actually visit for the food. And i am fine eating crap. But Malaysia has exceptional cuisine. Chinese food there is useful in the same way 711 is, always open.

China is big and varied though. A lot of food is toxic, gross and just wrong. Like you say sichuan is amazing. Different culture. Thats one of the interesting things with china is its so varied. But many regions could probably be legitmately called a different country. Kind of like local palauan, guam food being called american or carribean and african food food being called what ever country took them over. But its a far different culture and culinary taste so is unique in the same way thai and malaysian and indian are unique. Though one thing that seems fairly consistant in Chinas food is very oily and salty. Myanmar i found oily like that to the point of wanting to eat grass and tree bark instead. Heavy. Yummy. But HEAVY!

Boat noodle soup in Thailand is a culinary rite of passage!

Absolutely!

Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong kong and Macau…

Those CHEAP outdoor Indian food areas in Malaysia. Yummie!!!

2 Likes

Huh, what are you talking about?

Chinese Malay food is the best food in Malaysia outside of the Indian food. It’s a cuisine in itself and distinct from Chinese food anywhere else. Chinese Malay food incorporates local flavors and spices.

What do you define as Malay food?Like Nasi Goreng and Satay

Yes that was my point. I have eaten all over China. I wouldn’t even say food is always oily. Lots of xinjiang restaurant aren’t.

Somebody go try this new one (to me). They even have outdoor seating and beer.

Malaya Kopitiam, 馬來亞茶餐室
10692, Taipei City, Da’an District, Lane 248, Section 4, Zhongxiao East Road, 27號1樓

20191016_151229

2 Likes

Looks like they got the Flavorless Chicken all on the menu too. :+1:

Why is the Nasi Lemak swimming in brown sauce?

Recent typhoon activity???

1 Like

Is that some kind of fried stuff maybe?

maybe because real Taiwanese food isn’t very good?

Sorry, some of it is good… the stuff you get at Du Xiao Yue, the random dumpling shops and carefully selected noodle shops. But the common everyday stuff you get at those buffet places are awful.

THIS…

Guess my biggest problem with Taiwanese food is that they drench it with a ton of starchy sauce and most of the food is soft and mushy. Soft, short grain rice works well with sushi but sucks with almost everything else. And finding noodles which are al dente… need to know which noodle/ramen shops to go to.

Personally just prefer my food on the dry side with strong spices. Rice and noodles need to be al dente (unless I’m eating sushi)

That said, would guess that I eat Japanese food about 3-4 days per week (great value), sandwich shop maybe 1-2 days per week, Korean 1-2 days per week. Weekends just eat at home or the falafel/Texas chicken place nearby

1 Like

In the picture I can see the ikan bilis, but I can’t see my favourite part of nasi lemak, the sambal. Never seen turmeric in the coconut rice before.

Perhaps the vendor should do a web image search on nasi lemak?

1 Like