Who is that girl?

I was in a taxi. Sunday, 5:45. On XinYi just about to turn onto AnHe to go get me a pint of B&C. Then I saw this vision.

Red moto, a real moto with gears and leather saddlebags. Chopper. Girl driving. Oooooh!! Slim, pink top, long blond hair. Shapely and pretty too.

And then she was gone. :frowning:

Who is she and where can I find her? Is she single? Attainable? Please tell me she doesn’t smoke. I. Am. Smitten.

“Taxi driver: Follow that girl!”

Silly rabbit.

I had two girls in the taxi with me.

So? :smiley:

You had them?

Lucky git. :bravo:

Two birds in the cab are worth more than one bird on the bike?

stay away from my house keeper

[quote=“irishstu”]You had them?

Lucky git. :bravo:[/quote]

You want to meet them before saying that. I’ve still not recovered.

Hello.

I’m glad you like my bike.

-e

Gentlemen! Start your engines… :sunglasses:

[quote=“emilylizz”]Hello.

I’m glad you like my bike.

-e[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: Isn’t forumosa amazing?

Let’s say that the bike is an integral part of a total package, the setting for the symphony, as it were. There are certain fantasy images that haunt most men from the age of 12 or so onwards, and the bombshell individualist glimpsed at a distance is one guaranteed to exercise an unhealthy fascination on any red-blooded male. If you’re going to stay in shape, dress to impress, and ride around on that characterful machine then you’re going to have to get used to accidentally (or on purpose) pushing all the hot buttons you can (or would rather not) imagine whenever you pass a guy who appreciates quality.

Will you please tell your mechanic that it’s OK for him to tell me how to find you? That man takes his customer’s privacy far too seriously and I don’t want to have to break in there one night and start going through what passes for a filing system just to track you down.

Or you could just PM me. We have the same bike, btw.

And the troll hooks a big one.

You mean that ‘emilylizz’ is just Okami in drag? Again?

Look at her JOINING date. November 2004. No troll methinks…

Look at her JOINING date. November 2004. No troll methinks…[/quote]

Correction: 2 big ones.

:smiley:
Maybe…

Bueler, Bueler, Bueler, Anyone, anyone, anyone

You lot are a disgrace. You don’t have an ounce of romance or passion between you.

What the hell is ‘bueler’ anyway?

Why no words of empathy, no musings about the advisability of chasing dreams? Have none of you ever seen a girl that you just HAVE TO talk to, never been inspired by the impossible? How is it that not one person has a story to share about a futile quest in search of something as ephemeral as a fantasy? Haven’t you ever projected your desires onto someone who just looks like they fit the bill?

I’m disappointed.

Emily, if you read this, it is my profound belief that romance and adventure will abide no matter what popular culture, and the inadequacies of the many, may try to dictate. And you look like a romantic. You look like one of the few who understands and relishes intense experience. You’re not just the object of a dream, I believe you’re a dreamer too. And none of these boneheads will ever understand that.

So, I’ll see you at the happy hour then? I’ll be the guy with the pink carnation.

Yeah. At an MRT station today. It wasn’t like it was just “Hey, check out that eye-candy over there” either. There was just… something that made me think “Wow.” So what do I do? Aloofness. Nice. Being the invisible enigma working yet? Nope.

Sadly, a crippling rejection when I was 13 has stopped me from chasing the dream ever since. That was literally half a lifetime ago. I am pathetic. I’ve had two long-term relationships, but only after really getting to know the woman well as a friend first. All those other little flings etc. were due to the woman making the first move.

People tell me “What’s the worst that can happen? She says no.”

Exactly! It’s pretty damn terrible!

Seriously, I would walk over ragged shards of broken glass (yes, with bare feet) to get the confidence
(it appears - I’m basing this assumption on the banter on these fora, I hope I am correct and not leaping to any conclusions, and apologise if I have taken too many liberties here)
Loretta has.

But for now thoughts running through my head include:

“No way she’s unattached.”
“Kahna, have you looked in the damn mirror lately?!”
“What the hell could you offer her?”
“You fucking DIPSHIT!!! Why are you even entertaining these thoughts?! There are reasons you are currently unattached, you jerk!”

Then I start thinking about secluded mountain tops where I can go and weep. (okay, not this last one, but the others, yup.)

I would love to be able to post a description of the woman I saw today and hope for the same result… but I kinda stand out in a crowd (not merely because I am a foreigner, I have other ‘attributes’ that qualify that statement) and the risk of a public humiliation, even for an anonymous online identity (werrrllll… some on here know me as well) would cripple me emotionally until I jet back home in a few years time.

:frowning:

P.S. Maybe this post should be moved into the toilet.
P.P.S. Bueller etc. is a reference to the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
P.P.P.S. I’m not looking for sympathy, empathy, or comments about finding a set of balls. I get that on a daily basis. I’m just… well, not ranting. What would it be? Pining? Lamenting? Feeling unnecessarily sorry for myself? Ah well.

[quote=“Loretta”]You lot are a disgrace. You don’t have an ounce of romance or passion between you.

Why no words of empathy, no musings about the advisability of chasing dreams? Have none of you ever seen a girl that you just HAVE TO talk to, never been inspired by the impossible? How is it that not one person has a story to share about a futile quest in search of something as ephemeral as a fantasy? Haven’t you ever projected your desires onto someone who just looks like they fit the bill?

I’m disappointed.[/quote]

Sorry Loretta,

I thought you would have already read this and didn’t see the need to double up.

[quote=“Loretta”]What the hell is ‘bueler’ anyway? [/quote]Ferris Bueler’s Day Off - a movie from the '80s I think.