Why Some People Leave South Africa

[quote=“bismarck”][quote]“No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

• Nelson R Mandela[/quote]
    Indeed. What a horrible man.[/quote]

There’s a trend among the far right that, whenever Mandela is brought up, they giggle with contrarianism and start chittering about what a horrible terrorist he was. Some of these clowns post regularly in South Africa-themed threads and this one is no exception.

It’s been said again and again: Mandela used violence to fight oppression; when liberty was achieved, he succesfully advocated for a peaceful reconciliation. Christ! What a bloodbath it could have been if Mandela was really the monster that the far right thinks he was.

youtube.com/watch?v=J34VyWDnh-Q

F.W de Klerk and Mandela before the elections.

‘Both De Klerk and Mandela insist there is ‘something bigger going on’’

What a great quote. Thousands of people died in violence political events, vast majority black on black, between 1990 and 1993. Mandela helped to skillfully steered the country through this very difficult period and although violence is still present there and there are issues the country settled down enough to host the World Cup just a few years ago. What a great achievement. Somebody said he can’t compare to the dalai llama or aung sum Kim, but he had to deal with so many practical challenges and did a great job in the end.

The ANC on the other hand have failed to raise the living standards of enough people so squatter camps and poverty is still rampant there. Although a lot of people in the squatter camps seem to be illegal migrants now, so it is also a pan African issue.

[quote=“Gao Bohan”][quote=“bismarck”][quote]“No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”

• Nelson R Mandela[/quote]
    Indeed. What a horrible man.[/quote]

There’s a trend among the far right that, whenever Mandela is brought up, they giggle with contrarianism and start chittering about what a horrible terrorist he was. Some of these clowns post regularly in South Africa-themed threads and this one is no exception.

It’s been said again and again: Mandela used violence to fight oppression; when liberty was achieved, he succesfully advocated for a peaceful reconciliation. Christ! What a bloodbath it could have been if Mandela was really the monster that the far right thinks he was.[/quote]
Well said! :thumbsup: :bravo:

Yeah, from recent arrivals I’ve heard that illegal immigration is becoming a very big problem there, and Nigerians especially are a huge problem. Good luck to them.

I thought the Terror Watch List was a post-9/11 thing. 1990 was even before the 1993 WTC bombing.[/quote]
I also posted a link to an article which you didn’t read. Read that first. The terror watch list is NOT a post 9/11 thing.

Here are a few reasons why many people leave South Africa (of all races, colours and creeds): Analysis: Dear Mr Zuma & the ANC, how long do you need?

The comments are also rather enlightening.

HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … other.html

[quote=“tommy525”]HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … other.html[/quote]
In the one picture you see Radebe smiling, and all three were apparently smiling on their way back to the cells. That’s the big difference. Hugely horrible crimes committed with zero remorse.

Wait till you see the sentence. Then they will be really smiling. Probably “Life”, which will actually be 20 years, out in 10. :fume:

A slow death for these animals is whats needed. Like when Mason Verger planned to feed Hannibal the Cannibal to the pigs, feet first, making sure a doctor was on hand to keep him alive as long as possible. :raspberry:

Unfortunately, the most common color in the rainbow nation is red.

[quote=“tommy525”]HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

The Travyn Masters case (Not sure if I got the name right), would not have made the newspapers.

[quote=“bigduke6”][quote=“tommy525”]HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

The Travyn Masters case (Not sure if I got the name right), would not have made the newspapers.[/quote]
Probably not, and if it did, it would have been on page 5 or something.

Edit: Pity we can’t send these types to Texas or somewhere similar where they would get some real justice. Actually, China or Thailand would be even better.

Theres no question the Chinese would execute the three perps immediately after the trial. Or perhaps they may not even make it to trial.

And they would send the families a bill for each of the three bullets used. :ponder:

And they would send the families a bill for each of the three bullets used. :ponder:[/quote]
Yeah, we should make a new import-export deal with the Chinese. Export violent offenders for justice, and import their “political” prisoners.

The problem is the Chinese would not care if they were really the guilty ones are not.

But…to their credit, if they are later found innocent their party membership is restored :laughing:

Because their tourist visa has run out? :ponder:

[quote=“El Toro”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]But, El Toro, what was the alternative to taking up arms against the apartheid regime? Just grin and accept it philosophically, while hoping that your oppressors might one day decide to toss you a scrap or two of human rights, just out of the pure goodness overflowing from their hearts?

There haven’t been too many freedom fighters anywhere in the world or in history who have gained much for their people without shedding the blood of those oppressing them.[/quote]

Look, Omni, I can understand warfare, but planting bombs in civilian installations? Landmines on farm roads? Come on, man![/quote]

yah bro that’s kinda what happens when one place is colonized by another it’s kind of saying “HEY, TERRORIZE MY SHIT, BECAUSE I DON’T RESPECT YOU AT ALL.”

I don’t think you think about things, El Toro. You should try, though, it’s pretty fun. I can see, however, how, when society just gives you advantages for no good reason that you develop an uncanny ability to unreasonably see things within a myopic, irrational light.

“Well, why are they blowing up people who are occupying their homeland? I just don’t get it. Derp.”

Far more deaths in SA than there ever were in Ireland. I’m not carrying any kind of sectarian baggage, I simply stated that I was flabbergasted by how many South Africans who are here still revere the catalyst (or at least one of them) who, in essence has forced them to leave South Africa. Again, as ponited out before, terrorism is terrorism, including the disgusting Afrikaner/Boer arseholes who have murdered Black civilians. So no, it doesn’t depend on which side of the conflict you are on. Terrorism is terrorism:[/quote]

Do you know how Israel Started, or, say, how America started? Both countries started with terrorist acts.

I read Corrie Sanders was killed attending his nephews 21st at a Pretoria restaurant. They restaurant was robbed and the robbers shot him, as he was standing in the door way. I suppose they could have asked him to move, but a bullet is easier.

This is the kind of shit that makes people leave SA.

The story only made the news as he was famous. The others murdered on the same day did not make the news.

Nothing to do with colonization.

Look at the latest report from the BBC.

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22554709

Are these the poorest white people in the whole world? Even poorer than the former USSR states?

Now I have visited the townships in South Africa where there are obviously 100,000s to millions of people living in varying degrees of poverty. But it is certainly striking to see squatter camps of white people specifically.

The other thing is the chart here. It says the only group that has succeeded economically from 2003 up to 2008, as a whole, are the Asians!