Will my boyfriend be upset that I'm not a virgin?

God Taiwanese Christians give me the heebee jeebies. They are so holier than thou but they wouldn’t flip 2 cents to a homeless person . And I was raised in a proper Christian family and went to a Christian school for my whole education. I almost prefer my current temple obsessed MIL. Almost.:grin:.

3 Likes

I would whatever if he wasn’t a virgin himself and slept with hundreds of women and still expects a virgin. But he seems to have made a effort and stood by his convictions to wait till marriage for himself and his future wife. Which is not easy and forgoing a lot for a young man. It’s not right to lie to him if that’s the case. He may get over it, he may not. But it’s pretty messed up to lie to him or mislead him if that’s an important value of his.

He’s not. He said that was it was what his dad valued as well. It seems to do more with traditional values.

I guess the other thing is, I don’t even really know if I’m lying. If he ever asked me, I wouldn’t lie to him. But I don’t know if not telling him is a lie by omission.

That’s called misleading him. You know what you would be doing.

1 Like

If you see this relationship as getting serious, then it may be good to bring up the subject again. And then ask him how important it is to him that he marries a virgin.

From what I seen it seems virginity is kinda valued here and women often have their hymen reconstructed after a break up because even though almost every Taiwanese have multiple partners there’s still a big value placed on women maintaining virginity (at least on the surface). In fact suggesting or saying anything to a Taiwanese women that questions her virginity is highly disrespectful and people have been charged criminally for it on occasions.

A lot of these beliefs from men most likely comes from their parents. This is something that anyone dating a Taiwanese person, men or women needs to get used to. Parents hold power and if the parent does not like you your relationship will die. This is one huge difference between western and eastern society. If you want your boyfriend to be a rebel type then you may find more Americans like this, but there are consequences with those kind of relationships.

1 Like

22-47-23-images

2 Likes

What are you talking about? I don’t know a single person here who’s had a hymen reconstruction. Actually, I don’t know anyone anywhere who’s had that done.

2 Likes

I read about it in one of those Apple Daily/ TVBS type news… so I guess it happens.

I don’t think it happens a lot in Taiwan. But it’s not exactly something someone would tell you.

Total, utter, bullshit urban myth. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

‘Bout time we did away with some of that, if you ask me. Step into the future, sonny.

I’m struggling so much to resist posting the Life Of Brian are you a virgin sketch.

1 Like

9 Likes

Of course, it’s long been known that in traditional cultures (like the Internet) that highly prize a bride’s virginity, the real reason is that the dudes are afraid that if the woman’s actually got some experience, there’s a much better chance that she’ll recognise that he’s got a skewly little pencil dick AND that he’s such a lousy fuck that he couldn’t satisfy her if he had a fuckin case of Snickers under each arm.

Anyways, if the guy is enough of a gormless fuck that he’s making a deal out of it, the young lady in question could just tell him she had a nasty gymnastics accident in middle school and her hymen relocated to the back of her left knee, and he would be too clueless to tell the difference. :+1:

7 Likes

This is simply not true. Waiting till marriage has it’s merits. Might not be for you, but for many others, it’s worth it.

1 Like

Waiting until marriage is one thing.

Insisting that the bride be inexperienced, with no similar restriction on the groom, is something else entirely.

ETA: One assumes you meant “its merits”

From what we’ve been told, the only thing that is 100% clear is that he believes in waiting for marriage for at least himself. Nothing so far has indicated he wants the bride to be inexperienced.

Except his expectation that she still “has her hymen.”

2 Likes