Worst Pizza

Starbucks is really shit. I know a clichéd thing to say, but it’s overpriced and shit. Suppose their stores are quite nice to sit in.

2 Likes

Starbucks Reserve stores have interesting beans to try, brought in to Taiwan from the Nakameguro roastery in Tokyo.

Guy

1 Like

But a Pop-Tart doesn’t pretend to be anything other than a Pop-Tart, whereas PH pretends to be good pizza. I have a greater appreciation for the honesty of a Pop-Tart! If Pop-Tarts had delivery locations in every neighborhood of Taiwan and all around the world, and claimed to be great artisanal pastries, then I might consider them to be as evil as Pizza Hut.

Agreed. It is to coffee what Pizza Hut and McDonald’s are to pizza and burgers. You know what you’re getting (which is the selling point of chains), but you also know what you’re getting isn’t great.

There are simpletons everywhere. You’ll get no argument from me on that.

1 Like

I was thinking about ordering a Domino’s pizza, but I’ve decided to abort.

1 Like

I’ve only ever encountered non italians gate-keeping pizza this passionately. It has to be the weirdest thing I’ve ever encountered. Wack things outside Italy.

Nobody’s claiming US pizza to be gourmet class worldwide fancy rich people artisanal pastries. It’s just weird that people gatekeep pizza. Nobody in Italy cares. You can get US pizza in Italy. People like US pizza. Nobody’s offended. We go grab US pizza the same way we get Mcdonalds or Starbucks, to eat American for a day. Nobody’s claiming this is and pretending to be authentic Italian cuisine.

I like Domino’s. Domino’s didn’t even come to my city till the 2010s. A bunch of Italian friends and I in Canada actively went to Domino’s cause we like it and it was the new kid in town.

It’s so weird that everyone outside of Italy gatekeeps pizza.

For me? Good food is food that tastes good. Not some arbitrary standard foreigners have made for themselves so they can feel superior to others.

8 Likes

haha, so what did you choose.

American Pizza (Dominos) in Italy, sounds like cheaper sushi in Japan, for fast Sushi some want California rolls and do not care about where it was invented, as well as Salmon sushi which was a Euro idea./

I’m not a fan of the term “gate-keeping” because it seems like a way to stop conversation comparing the merits of something to something else. No one is saying you cannot have Dominoes, but people can also says it’s crap if they want.

Could be worse. At least it’s not S’Barros.

2 Likes

Interesting, I don’t really like sushi so I wouldn’t even know what was inside.

Sure! But you can see that I’ve been on the receiving end of the shutting down of conversation. If you don’t say the right thing the foreigners want to hear, you’re shut down as some sort of lunatic. I’m not doing the gatekeeping, they are. You can see my posts. Gatekeeping itself is the suppression of the conversation.

Goddammit that one too? I like their stromboli. Was always a US-only thing so when in the US, I try their delicacies.

I’m not just being disagreed with, I’m being told my opinion is outright wrong.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but you replied “gate keeping” to something quoted from my post. I was just having fun at Dominoes expense, as others do with Starbucks or McDonalds. Heck, I like a lot of unpopular stuff too. I certainly don’t seek to shut down your opinions and I’m not going to get dragged into an argument about :pizza:, so carry on and I’ll leave you all to it then.

Sorry. I might have been unclear. I meant in general and wasn’t accusing you of anything.

It was in reference to the above posts of whom were unironically and seriously claiming the same from your post. I know yours was tongue in cheek. I know you weren’t serious, but those posts were.

1 Like

(Ignore, getting my brands confused. … )

American isn’t just Dominos and PH. That’s the fast food version. New York pizza for example is known everywhere. Most of the pizza people are eating around the world is the Americanized version of pizza - pepperoni, lots of meat, more sauce, more cheese, thicker crust.

Same goes for many other cuisines too. They get Americanized and then spread around the world.

2 Likes

I like most of the ones on @PeiHua-Connie’s list. lmao.

1 Like

Wrong. See: 711

Taiwan and Asia has some strange Pizza but the Carrefour deli is not good to my tastes, Costco Pizza is better for low priced ones. If you pay more there are better ones, a few months I had nice one at Chicago Grill in KHH, not sure but I guess its American style Pizza.