Would you take the Covid vaccine?

Never let it be said that an Englishman shirks his duty, when push comes to shove. We stand ready to render aid to our American friends, and we might even brush our teeth first.

2 Likes

Yeah as CC noted, it seems the second shot of the Pfizer vaccine is the one that people note. By then, your body is primed to respond to the virus, and when it appears (in the form of the vaccine booster) thatā€™s when things kick in.

Let us know how it goes.

Guy

2 Likes

Thinking about the event as it transpired today I see what was up

To prevent people getting the second shot as their first which apparently is a problem

Today the first jab people such as myself were in the blue line for the Pfizer first dose

While the other line with a red banner the so called red line was for the second dose people who were getting the Moderna vaccine part two

These red line people had already gotten their first jab and that was of course a Moderna one

They canā€™t be mixed

This was one way Kaiser the hospital I went to kept people from getting the wrong dose

I guess it was just a matter of chance what day you picked for your initial jab as far as getting Moderna or Pfizer

One day it may have been Pfizer and the next day Moderna

I may have preferred the Johnson one shot vaccine really

But those are apparently going out by special jabber vans to poor communities with people that may never have gone to a hospital thinking either it was going to cost money or they were illegals. Oh sorry undocumented persons

So a one shot regime worked better for those people as trying to track them down for a second jab could be a problem

Some 11 hours after the shot Iā€™m feeling a little woozy

Young fella at work got his shot yesterday and missed work today

I may have to miss work tomorrow
Letā€™s see

1 Like

They can be mixed and that are being mixed in the UK :, but they arenā€™t supposed to be mixed. Likely that mixing them will end up with a very similar result as not mixing them actuallyā€¦The second dose only increases the efficacy a small bit if I recall rightly.

Ok it seems Iā€™m wrong . The second dose is important for older people.

This is consistent with antibody surveillance data from the React-2 study,10 which showed IgG positivity 21 days after one dose of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in 80% of adults under 60, but in only 49% and 34% of those aged over 70 and 80, respectively. IgG positivity increased to 93% and 88%, respectively, after a second dose, suggesting that the second dose is critical in these vulnerable age groups. Data from Public Health Scotland showed that effectiveness against hospital admission waned from 35 days after the first dose,11 although as results were not reported by age it remains unclear whether these are age cohort effects or related to waning immunity, or both.

Personally as somebody who really really wants the vaccine I find it very hard to sympathise with folks who are hesitating but still take it and complain.
Not directed at you Tommy !

But itā€™s actually an amazing and very fortunate thing to be able to access a vaccine like this so quickly.

2 Likes

That said, not everyone gets side effects.
An elder relative of mine got 2nd shot (Pfizer) a couple of weeks ago, and has had no reactions to either shot, apart from some slight soreness for a day or two at the injection site.

Interesting quote.

Whatā€™s the source?

Guy

I hope the vaccine becomes available for you soon

Although Iā€™m not keen on the astra Zeneca one which Taiwan seems to be getting

I decided to get the vaccine because I felt
Getting the disease will be worse and there are more and more mutations coming up.

We have some sort of Bay Area grown mutation going on here as well

I do think about the chemist guy who swears the vaccine is riskier than the disease but I donā€™t think heā€™s right

I do believe the disease is riskier

Iā€™m feeeling ok slightly under power think I will miss a few hours of work

Call in vacci sick

3 Likes

Itā€™s here.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n710

1 Like

Thank you!

Guy

1 Like

Itā€™s the fear of an experimental emergency use vaccine

The fear of being a test bovine

My friend has very similar thoughts. He said he might wait till 2023 . I doubt he will though.

He probably should not because the mutant strains coming out could be worse

Thatā€™s what I was thinking as I almost hen-ed out myself until I saw all these people getting jabs thinking heck if they can do it so can I

Even right up to the jab man I was saying to him I felt apprehensive about it but before I said two words to his one it was already doneā€¦I was shot

1 Like

My uncle had the Pfizer vaccine last March or late Feb, canā€™t remember. He had a fever after the 2nd shot but got well after 24 hours. Heā€™s currently doing well. My parents also got the AZ first dose last week and both of them are doing well too and didnā€™t feel sick thereafter. All three are aged mid 50s to 60s.

3 Likes

Iā€™m proud of you getting the shot, @tommy525

3 Likes

I think they already found the cause of the rare clots and a supplemental treatment to prevent it.

1 Like

I must say I had some weird thoughts like OMG I may die taking this vaccine and when I was too early I decided to get a 4 PCs macnugget and a coke (Iā€™m cutting out all sugary drinks to lose fat and keep from getting type two diabetes) because Dang it Iā€™m having a coke and I was the only one there who brought a drink into the clinic sorta like a security blanket. Course there was the more sickening thoughtā€¦my last meal was a Mac ? Double dang ! Me over dramatic ? Oh no not I

2 Likes

Got the first Pfizer shot a little over a week ago. Nada. Getting the second shot on the 18th.

3 Likes

Definitely not complaining, but most people I know have been hit with pretty bad flu-like symptoms for about a day after the second dose (or only dose for JJ).