Yet another mass shooting in the US

You are blaming social media for school shootings?

You do know other countries have social media right?

4 Likes

Read my reply. It’s a question, and I say it won’t ever be known.

You have a problem with guns and gun control

1 Like

That is fucking insane

I’d like a security guard at every exit/entrance in the high schools.

You know how many high schools (don’t forget elementary and middle schools) there are in the US?

So you want a security guard at every entrance and exit - probably a very poorly trained one if you want the scale you are talking about - with what? A handgun? Or are we going to let him go full LARP with an AR-15 and body armor, and pray away the possibility he could get the job to easily position himself to lose his shit and go on a killing spree, OR the shooter has half a brain and takes him out first with initiation advantage, maybe even taking his gun and getting a free LEVEL UP?

NRA wants us to think this is the answer, but it honestly only pads their pockets and makes the US even more dangerous/susceptible to violent attacks

If there was a video of a school in China with electric fences and fully armed guards with assault weapons, a lot of people here would be losing their shit

2 Likes

Interesting take

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t think the writer understands the difference between what the Constitution says and what they want it to say.

1 Like

Half of these teachers are disgruntled themselves. I could see a couple of those burn outs using the gun for their own shooting, or at least carelessly leaving it in a place where one of their kids could get it.

2 Likes

A quick Google search shows there has been a teacher that shot themselves in school, shot a student doing a demo, shot a toilet and got injured by the shrapnel, a cop who left a gun in a school, a teacher whose gun fell out doing a cartwheel… This all before we get to more widely armed teachers and the potential issues - teachers shooting students because they feel afraid? Students taking a gun off a teacher? A student getting a teachers gun and using that for a mass shooting? A teacher getting shot because they’re armed? So many freaking things that need to be thought through that is just glossed over.

4 Likes

This is a poor argument of the journalists end. The question the journalist should ask is how are the costs of these tragedies defined? The right keep looking at the low hanging fruit and it’s working. The left need to step up and ask the hard questions.

How much is spent on rehabilitation? How much is lost by having all these gun deaths a year? How much are we willing to spend each year so that everyone can have a gun? So many direct costs that are not being looked at. Let alone the indirect costs.

Based on my brief calculations it is much more than $35 billion a year in lost income and it’s costing much more per year than $35 billion.

Remember it’s not just the mass shooting that have a cost. It’s the suicides, the murders, the accidents. Selling a few $1000 guns does not replace what is lost by communities, states and the country.

America has been hijacked by a lunatic fringe movement that is manipulating people fears by shouting a few sounds bites like “freedom” and “rights”. Get your shit together America. You’re a menace.

And what about the right to walk freely through a community without fear of some lunatic with a gun. Or the right to send your children to school and see them happy and healthy at the end of each day. Or the freedom to live is a safe community, state, and country.

I feel like American’s are in a war between the thinking people and the lunatics. And the lunatics are winning.

4 Likes

I mean the people saying this are probably pretty publicly vocal about “free speech” and “liberty”. But are happy to lock someone up for a social media post

All good points. The costs are extremely high.

“Freedom is never free” is the inane statement that the gun lobby trots out after each shooting. Their freedom isn’t even freedom.

1 Like

Yes. It’s freedom with conditions where some higher power with “god given rights” forces you to live your life their way.

1 Like

This much is true. The fanatical death cultists on the left have devalued human life through the killing of 60 million children, undermined families (the societal unit best suited to prevent these tragedies), undermined communities (the second best societal unit to prevent these tragedies) undermined shared values across the US, pursued policies which perpetuate poverty, hopelessness, dependence on the state, and undermine natural rights, and stoked fear and hatred based on different identitarian groups. The crazy thing is that despite the overwhelming evidence of the harm they do, these cultists push further and further left to undermine more basic truths, rights, and values, believing that the next load-bearing pillar of American society they destroy will be the one that helps fix everything. And for some reason the moderates on the left allow these people to drive their agenda.

1 Like

You are blaming abortions for school shootings?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, the US should ban abortions so that unwanted children can eat bullets at school lmao.

1 Like