Yet another mass shooting in the US

He was quick-thinking and lucky to be able to wrestle the gun away from the murderer.

1 Like

Another mass shooting in Cali, just two days after the last one.

2A supportersā€™ reaction to endless mass shootings in the US

Andā€¦time for number threeā€¦thatā€™s three in three days.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a third one? Jesus ā€¦

Terrible things always come in threes. Actually I just read thereā€™s been thirty eight (!) mass shootings across the US in the last couple weeks.

Say what you will about Taiwan, but at least we donā€™t have to be aware of the nearest exit every time we go out for coffee (cue some shrill bothsider blathering about that one time some gangsters had a shootout in Taipei).

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen any of that.

Andā€¦another one.

Was it Pony Boyā€™s gang or the Jocks?

That doesnā€™t account for other shootings

In the short term, some will avoid public places
Others will start to carry a gun.
As more own guns there will be more suicides, domestic shootings, accidental shootings
More security will be hired
Americans will spend a larger part of GDP dealing with this civil war to the exclusion of making America competitive
Americans can more easily get an AR15 than a drivers license
If this trend continues what will 2033 look like?

What is a cause of violence or shooting? The perp had done it before. What was hard the first time is easier the second. As people get accustomed to daily shootings as normal, what happens next?

A lot of your post is silly, but this is the silliest.

Lack of a good old fashioned war.

He should be shot.

Thatā€™s what she said.

An awards show?

1 Like

purge-gif-3

2 Likes

for a lot of Americans, itā€™s trueā€¦

actually, probably true for most once you consider private sales.

1 Like

He should be shot

Shoulda coulda would ignores reality: itā€™s easier to do something foreign to oneā€™s nature if the person has done it before. Shootings and other violence lead to more shootings. The perp gets accustomed to it and what was once uncomfortable to the perp becomes comfortable.

As Obama said itā€™s easier to buy a gun than get a driverā€™s license

1 Like

Oh so it must be true! Obama said it!

4 Likes

I can definitely get an AR today. Definitely within the hour. Definitely without a background check being run. Itā€™s probable I can get one without providing identification. Itā€™s possible I can get one without identifying myself.

89% of US adults have a drivers licence. 40% of US adults say they live in a household where there is a gun.

The question to my mind is, Why do so many people in the US want to murder strangers on their way out of the planet? Canā€™t they just go quietly hang themselves in a forest, or get access to decent mental health support? Whatā€™s with all the rage suicides?

California has VERY strict gun laws yet mass shooting still happens. Heck mass shootings happen in Germany where there are strict gun laws (and no neighboring state to bring guns into). The question is why do people seem to want to commit mass murder on their way out.

That doesnā€™t tell us how you would do such things. Youā€™re just saying ā€œItā€™s easy,ā€ and expecting heads to nod. And Iā€™m not being snarky. I walked into a gun shop and bought a muzzle loader. ID. No questions asked. How do you get an AR ā€œmore easily than a license.ā€

Is all that easier than going to the DMV with a permit and a successful drivers test and being issued a license?