Young Taiwanese Using Simplified Chinese and Apps from China

That’s really low.

That’s even lower.

Also known as the age group that moves on to the next thing the fastest.

Hao

Some of the traditional Chinese web stuff is made in China now too. Tencent in Shenzhen make a very popular traditional Chinese input programme

I think you are getting to caught up on the traditional and simplified thing. My concern is the implication of creeping Chinese soft power amongst early teens in Taiwan

Well the thread title is “Young Taiwanese Using Simplified Chinese and Apps from China”

My comment was based on thinking it was that topic

Yes but the issue is that they are using it to be cool as they think china is cool. They think that because of the ascendancy of its popular culture and tech

I think it’s more than that.

Taiwanese are just passive, “gotta change for the environment, don’t change the environment” type of fatalistic bullcrap. It gets old very quick. Then you got bosses paying peanuts, and that labor laws here are just decoration, if you try to stand up for your rights the law demands, you get screwed.

Sure China has 996 but I read (I have no personal experience) that anyone working 996 in China is raking in money. As in they do it willingly because they get paid well. Also I hear in China the government takes labor law seriously. Stuff like paid overtime, legally mandated leaves (of which I am sure China is still lacking compared to Taiwan) are strictly enforced. I mean if I got paid say 10,000 yuan a month working 40hrs a week (and this is a lot of money by the way), but I could make triple that amount working 996, I’d volunteer too!

1 Like

Yeah, according to that one dcard post.

Do you actually know any 13 year-old?

Stop believing in everything you read or heard.

The leaves don’t fall far from the tree.

Then what’s the truth? That people are making 2000 yuan per month while working 996, and that if they refuse to work 996 they’ll be arrested for a fictitious crime, sent to a reeducation camp, and have their organs harvested for some rich guy?

Im finding it hard to get worked up over this. Sounds kinda chicken lickeny to me

Im really worried about Chinese infiltration everywhere. I think its one of the biggest dangers in the world today and especially in Taiwan.

I recon a whole lot of stuff is infiltrated by a whole lot of forces. Complex world we live in. And as I said earlier yea I think there is a point there with the simplified and the apps. But there are fifty million other things going on too though. Isnt it hard to worry about all of them?

1 Like

No China has a United Front infiltration unit and spends billions trying to manipulate, steal and get their way in the world. Its a massive threat to our way of life anywhere but especially in Taiwan.

Han was basically a product of Chinese social media manipulation through content farms and data tools as well as having control of Citv through the Want Want group. They managed to brainwash a whole generation in Taiwan to basically voting in the CCP. Dont forget he was leading until June in 2019

1 Like

Ever heard of the CIA? Or the SVR? You could say the Chinese are just joining the game.

Still finding it hard to see the choices of font as a key thing.

The former major of a city? Kinda like Trump and Brexit in a way.

Is the difference that stark for non- top tier jobs ?

Yeah Chinese infiltration is a million times worse than any excess of the CIA. Welcome to 2021

Ok, you really dont understand politics in Taiwan or what happened with Han. He wasnt a loudmouth mayor, he would have been a Beijing proxy. His popularity was a result of Chinese media infiltration and manipulation

I doubt that. A quick google tells me that the US official intelligence budget is 60 odd billion US.

Chinese official intelligence budget is a fraction of that

Why?

This is the book I keep recommending to people, probably the best study of the level of Chinese malevolence

https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Hand-Exposing-Communist-Reshaping-ebook/dp/B08C4RTPN9

Because powerful state actors in the world invest a lot of effort into state intelligence.