Buy more food from Lithuania (China halts Lithuania beef, dairy and beer imports amid Taiwan)

Embassy or bust.

Taiwan supermarket to hold ‘Lithuanian Lifestyle Festival’ | Taiwan News | 2022-09-15 14:54:00

Now you buy at Breeze !

2 Likes

The Beer guy gets Rock Star treatment in Taiwan
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/06/taiwan-china-lithuania-beer-chocolate/[quote=“Belgian_Pie, post:9, topic:216895, full:true”]

[/quote]

5 Likes

Are there any non alcoholic products currently getting the Taiwan treatment? I am keen to try some Lithuanian food related items :grinning:

I always keep defaulting to Ekselence, but that’s Latvian.

1 Like

Office seems to be open and more products allowed

2 Likes

Familymart sells Lithuanian ice cream sandwiches.

3 Likes

Nice Ice Cream from Kanus, if that was the same one you mentioned

1 Like

That too. But also the pols.

2 Likes

Any good Lithuanian cooking related food available? meaning not treats, drinks etc. but food we could cook for a meal? Or, more likely, ingredients for a meal.

Wait I thought Pols was also from Latvia. :thinking:

Guy

So maybe this is why recently I saw so many beers from there

I bought these because I want to support Lithuania but these crackers are freaking awesome.

I do crackers with a lot of things like meat and cheese and whatever.

I have no idea why I have never tasted any like these before.

3 Likes

Looks like an approximation of Scandinavian crisp bread. Tasty.

1 Like

May I ask where does one find such goods?

Guy

These Lithuanian crackers were purchased at that fine supermarket Mia C’bon.

2 Likes

You can find many Lithuanian beers at Carrefour and several convenience stores like Simple Mart, PX Mart, etc… I guess Family Mart and 7/11 too.

Imports of several Lithuanian foods are up dramatically in the first 10 months of 2022 compared with the same period in 2021, according to Bureau of Foreign Trade figures.

Cheese and curd imports are up 273 percent to US$1,031,920, imports of chocolate and foods containing cocoa are up 132 percent to US$522,214, beer imports have risen 508 percent to US$410,767, and rum imports are up 529 percent to US$56,355.

One newer addition has been a Lithuanian breakfast cereal manufactured by Cerera foods.

2 Likes

Following your recommendation, I picked up a package today. I am snacking on them now.

I agree they are very nice—adult, austere, almost refreshing.

Guy

1 Like

We’re talking about crackers, right? Ha, ha. Just kidding.

Edit: I remember asking two black employees at a supermarket where the crackers are. They had a little laugh then told me the aisle. Put a smile on my face.

1 Like