Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

Because it has been 3 weeks. Tanking at 450 million ain´t that bad. Many other superheroes movies have dived far deeper.

The movie itself is not bad. It is entertaining. It is no Dark Knight but no JL either. It is not Dumbo where people can bring their granny and baby to the cineplex and hence add to the box office count. The worst one can accusse it of is being bland. It is not the feminist manifesto people scorn or blame for the lower ratings/box office.

I think that explains its box office dive well enough. Turns out it’s not the blockbuster Rotten Tomatoes aided Disney in turning it into, but something that will sell popcorn.

That’s about as good as it’s ever got for Hollywood The Industry, frankly.

What are you on about

The film will soon top $1 billion at the global box office, becoming the seventh film in the MCU to reach that mark and the 38th film all-time.

More importantly, why are you necro-ing an old tired talking point? We get it, you hate it with a flaaaaming passion for glaring personal reasons, particularly obvious because you haven’t even watched it with your own eyes. Talk about beating a dead horse :rofl:

For someone who hasn’t even watched the movie, you’re excessively, weirdly obsessed.

2 Likes

What’s just particularly smh for me frankly is also that I can vaguely recall agreeing with you on quite a few things in the tv thread.

Sigh. I’m going to bed, goodnight y’all.

When Endgame comes out, could we get a thread for movie discussion without the politics? I’m not the least bit interested in the IP forum crowd’s ridiculous crusades. But I do really enjoy discussing these movies.

1 Like

Yes. We can make a separate one.

1 Like

Actually. Just made one. PSA: From now on if it’s political, you’re welcomed to do it there.

Here we talk entertainment only.

Edit: I’m going to bed, but will check back in the morning to mod for stray posts and move them if some folks accidentally miss the memo.

Ayioo, we have been warned it will not be pretty, cinammon sprinkled ending…

I’m talking about the box office of Captain Marvel, it’s tanking.

The end of Infinity War isn’t as devastating as it seems just because you know they’re going to figure out how to reverse it. But whatever happens in Endgame is going to be pretty final. We have a new Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming in future and Spider-Man comes out in July, but otherwise… who knows?

They’re playing it close to the vest about other future movies.

Out of 21 MCU films at this point it’s guaranteed to be at least the 7th highest grossing. So… you can copy/paste that same link and I can do that as well:

The film will soon top $1 billion at the global box office, becoming the seventh film in the MCU to reach that mark and the 38th film all-time.

Why don’t you explain how your link denotes “tanking”.

Also, someone tell him how box office works. Here’s support material:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=captainamerica.htm
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel2016.htm
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel2017.htm
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel17a.htm
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=spiderman2017.htm

Finally (and again…):

Too many things can happen. One the latest speculation has to do with the butterfly effect of whatever the remaining Avengers do to get the dusted people back. Scenarios that make my eyebrows furrow deep into my skull…

Anyways, at this point, I just want it to be over, like, I cannot stand the what ifs anymore! :runaway:

This is a thread about Cap Marvel, Endgame, and the MCU 2019. There is no banner here stating that posts about review aggregators are verboten, nor is there any such statement in the FAQ. In fact, I thought one of the main ideas of Arts & Entertainment is to ask questions about reviews in an attempt to kick off a conversation.

And that’s all I did. I have made no personal attack on any poster here, nor will I. In fact, the only time I have ever responded personally to any poster anywhere on Forumosa is if I was attacked personally first.

So there is no need to turn this into a personal attack on me. If my questions make you angry or nervous, then please do us a favor and come up with a guideline(s) that won’t burden you going forward. I’ll certainly do my best to avoid provoking you, just let me know what kinds of things do.

So no more personal attacks, please. It’s unfair, unwarranted, and frankly it’s unbecoming for a moderator here.

Here is a graf illustrating my point. Note that the weekly gross is down about 50% each week, since week 1.

Would you prefer that I use the phrase “trending down” instead?

Thought about how they could have shown Ver fitting into life as a Kree.

Make Ver already a valuable member of Kree’s elite forces. Break down the first mission we saw into two objectives and have Ver efficiently complete the first objective, getting praise from Yon-Rogg. Then as the team proceeds to the second objective, they realize it’s a trap and Ver gets captured in order for Yon-Rogg to escape.

By restructuring the first act this way, I think it show cases Ver’s important for the Kree, and how much she values her team members, Kree’s cause, and Yon-Rogg as a mentor.

It makes subsequent events more personal and emotional for Carol.

Check the links Rockerfeller posted.

You guys make some good points but I personally wasn’t that into Hala. I don’t know if I would have enjoyed more of it. Though I definitely think they could have expanded the Carol/Yon-Rogg relationship to enhance the ‘twist’.

:point_up: @bojack

We’ve done so. I’ve posted. The fact that you decide to ignore whole other chunks of responses — what are your intentions?

How about you try and suggest the difference between trolling/gas lighting and starting a good faith, actual, real conversation

Which is why your posts haven’t thus far been zapped. It’s allowed to stay, because you have not outright been rude to anyone here. You haven’t been given any official warnings. Or suspension. Or ban. In fact, judging by the mountain of words I’ve personally typed down for you in just this specific topic alone and considering the time and energy that I’ve spent doing them, only for you to contract selective ignorance — Many can argue you’ve been treated with too much patience.

Define this. And then explain how that post up there was actually one.

Annoyed and tired. Also, are they actual questions or are they rhetorical. And are they trolling once again for personal reasons or truly wanting to discuss the box office reaction to a film. AND if you genuinely really wanted to discuss that (and obviously have a clear angle you’re trying to get at), the fact that you haven’t even watched the film of which you say you really do want to discuss the performance of, itself sends a strong whiff of falseness that asks us all, “why we should tolerate it (any longer)?”

You should do your best to avoid trolling people across all of Forumosa, period. Appreciate it.

Sad you feel that way, but hopefully this long-ass post will enlighten you on how we’ve gotten here and show how these descriptions are false.

3 Likes

:100:

Best they get to earth with the most efficiency