Do Chihuahuas kill?

Taiwan is a 土狗. You can take your chihuahua and stick it where the :sun_with_face: don’t shine.

5 Likes

4 Likes

No way I’d fuck wid dat mutt

8 Likes

Surely you mean more people are killed in Chihuahua?

1 Like

No. the Chihuahua kills. Look it up. It is mostly the owner’s fault. If you have a big dog you know you have to train it. Chihuahuas turn neurotic with over pampering and lack of discipline.

2 Likes

You’re kidding me, yeah?

What does it kill, mice?

For some reason I am reminded of yt vids of dachshunds racing, it can be fun to watch but nobody feels exactly threatened.

Well this section should definitely be broken off into a different topic!

Do chihuahuas bite a lot? Apparently true, according at least to Canine Journal, citing the infuriating “one dog per page” source “11 Dog Breeds That Bite the Most”. However, although chihuahuas are first on that list, I can’t find anything that says they actually bite the most. Maybe they’re listed first because they bite the most, maybe they’re listed first because an editor or writer thought “Oo, that’ll get attention!”

Chihuahua kills, however, seem far more unlikely. There’s this source about “breeds of dogs involved in human dog-bite related fatalities”, and chihuahuas do not appear in the PDF. I know very little about dogs so maybe they’re inside one of the categories there. I know enough about dogs that they’re definitely not in the “pit bull-type” or Rottweiler or German Shepherd or Husky or Malamute categories, which are the top six of the purebreds.

A Denver-based newspaper has Chihuahuas placed #3 in the total number of bites over 2010-2018, behind Labrador retrievers (87 bites total) and German shepherds (45 bites total). Chihuahuas had 27 bites total, but note that 26 were minor, 0 moderate, 0 severe, 1 unknown - so lots of nips, but not exactly fatal.

Forbes seems to use a different data source, but once again, no chihuahuas appear to have harmed or been harmed in the reporting of that article.

Man, the rabbit holes I’ll descend down when I’m avoiding the academic reading I should be doing.

3 Likes

Jesus now we gotta worry bout killer effing chihuahuas

5 Likes

There are more surprising things.

5 Likes

I was not expecting to unleash such discussion, but please, somebody creates a new topic “Does Chihuahua kill?” and let’s talk more about it. I have two Chihuahuas and I can assure you, they can kill you with their eyes because they are too cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And I thought after seeing 13 new posts on this thread I would learn more about with the discussion about coronavirus, but here I am, learning that chihuahuas kill. I guess knowledge is power

4 Likes

The only killer chihuahua is the Taco Bell dog… purveyor of greasy death with the occasional side of E.Coli.

1 Like

Chihuahuas are braver than a US Marine

5 Likes

Which is more interesting? Chihuahua kill rates wins hands down.

2 Likes

I’m more interested in the how. How could a chihuahua kill an adult? You’d have to be prostrate.

EDIT: Hope I got that edit in fast enough, LOL.

1 Like

I’m shocked Dobermans are below Labs.

Again, it is a matter of training.

Originally, pit bulls were nanny dogs, excellent with kids. People turned some of them into beasts like themselves, for profit, for fights. But once pit bulls are allowed to revert to their true nature, they are marshmallows.

1 Like

No such thing as a bad dog. Just a bad owner.

1 Like