Exit Plan(s)

Keep Calm and Carnivore?

OK, I admit that was a gratuitous waste of 2 minutes.
But I learned something new about the Internyet.

They came with me.
Had to fly to Amsterdam and then a ferry to the UK.

1 Like

But your heart remained in Taiwan. Obviously. :sunglasses::grin:

I’ve been trying to leave for years but it seems so difficult for me to achieve critical mass for lift-off (I have considerable baggage to bring with me on my journey ).

Plus it doesn’t help that my destination of choice is usually about to enter or coming out of some crisis or other.

3 Likes

Well maybe this outbreak is your chance then? I think you need a deep dive to see if you actually really want to go. If you do, then right now is the best time.

1 Like

Pretty much agree with you. I have been looking at moving in the region but damn covid has screwed it up for the moment. Only good thing now is I can keep working.

1 Like

I understand completely. Every time I think we might finally make the move back to Canada, something happens to throw a wrench in the plans. It’s not enough to derail the whole move but it does make it more complicated. I’ve been waiting for a year and a half to move and I’m determined to make it sometime this year (I just don’t know when).

At least my employers are cool with my plans being so up in the air. They just said, “Let us know when you’re ready to move and we’ll figure it out.”

3 Likes

Teehee. We see you… calling people idiots and saying they are idiots once again. Bravo. Fully agree. Just wanted to point it out with a little less class so they can comprehend your post. Ya know, given their “condition” haha.

They are as welcome to fuck off as they were welcomed to join us.

If you don’t have any family or friends to take care of your pets, the government can take care of them for you, at the cost of $200NT per pet/day, up to $3000NT per pet. Should a pet need medical care, the owner is responsible for the expenses:

1 Like

Not sure I’d trust the TW government to take care of my pets.

4 Likes

I’m sure they’d “take care of” them.

2 Likes

I’m leaving as I’m a tourist who’s only here still as Taiwan very kindly extended stay by 30 days each month.
Kept me out of Covid-19 in the home country to appreciate Taiwan’s kindness to me I’m running and running fast to get a vaccine.

Chicken shit yes that’s me I value my life.

1 Like

Here is my commentary on the covid situation in Taiwan- Recorded last night

1 Like

This is why I am moving back to Canada where more than 50% are vaccinated, and things are opening up there.

1 Like

No need to explain why you are moving back. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

11 Likes

Yeah right on man.:+1:

Let the tough guys stay in level 4 lockdown and possibly die a horrendous long term respiratory death.

Not gonna happen! And you should not wish bad to the other that are staying here. Have a good trip back to your destination.

5 Likes

I didn’t “possibly “ is a term I used. I don’t see wish anywhere?

Thank you for consideration.

Cool! By the way, I’m the true and the only one King of Taipei, good that you are leaving.

2 Likes

Happy to hand my assumed ‘king’ crown to the true Taibei Wang.

Regards David King

1 Like

In Hindsight? In Hindsight? What hind sight? WTF?
I immediately predicted this will happen among my circle of local friends. We all did.
Since this virus had started, most incidences manifest themselves toward the end of the quarantine.
This was preventable…

4 Likes