Have you ever bought anything off shopee.tw?

I learned the word CP value using google translate on shopee. The reviews are quite funny. People write 5 stars with a picture of them doing a thumbs up or their dog or another random stuff

I think it’s because they get Shopee coins for posting a review, but you need to include a photo and video. I can never be bothered - not worth the time.

2 Likes

I use Shopee or Ruten if I need cheap order. Otherwise, Amazon betters them by a mile.

CP value basically means the bang it offers for the buck. If something is advertised as good CP value, it means that it is a good bang for the buck.

For example right now a 3060ti has the best CP value, but it is not the best GPU out there. The 4090 is the best GPU out there, but it has very poor CP value.

It’s a computer term but the term has been applied to anything you can buy out there. So if a cake is advertised as good CP value, it means it’s a good bang for the buck.

1 Like

It’s just cost performance ratio, it’s a standard equation in purchasing, manufacturing and production. It applies to computing but has been used before computers were invented.

1 Like

I thought it just meant (realistically ) that it is cheap trash you will need to re purchase fairly quickly after the 1 year warranty claim has expired. I mean, good value :joy:

anything claiming a good cp value is probably about as good an indicator of quality as simplified chinese characters on an old html only banner ad.

or a google ad :rofl:

I may have exaggerated a few things (not that rich, my mom doesn’t actually care if I turn the AC on and even then I’m mostly acclimated to the weather by now but would still LOVE it if it’s colder, and the window screen is just for the bathroom window, which I’d like to be able to “clear the air” after I use the bathroom, and it was still 30°C in Minneapolis when I came here 2 months ago and hadn’t snowed yet), but I just went off on them LMAO

Translation (click to expand):

I have never used Shopee, and the most important thing I need to buy is only $20 (two window screen brackets). Your company’s verification is 10 times stricter than when I opened accounts with E.Sun Bank and the post office. Why the hell do I still have an A02 error?!?!?!?!?

The corner of the window screen was broken, I couldn’t find any brackets of this size at the hardware store, and I don’t want to open the window due to the heat, but simultaneously letting mosquitoes inside the house. Moreover, I just returned to Taiwan from somewhere that’s snowing and -5°C, and my mom is too frugal to turn on the AC. She’d even wear a heavy coat when it’s below 25°C, but I’d only feel like wearing a windbreaker around 16°C. I’ve waited patiently while roasting half to death for my ARC, but the wait ended up being in vain because of your system!

Although I don’t have much in the bank in Taiwan, but I have nearly $100,000 USD in the US ($3,200,000 TWD), and I even have enough cash in my smallest bank account to buy 10,000 brackets without going bankrupt. If I saw this money on the side of the road, it’s not even worth the effort to pick up, so why are cheap $20 items making you nervous??? This is utterly ridiculous!!!

Please unfreeze my account immediately, otherwise I’ll report you to the government for racial discrimination against foreigners!!!

1 Like

A little off topic, but if the screen has holes in it I would just redo the whole thing. There used to be some old guy who drives around in those motorcycle powered carriage that does it, not sure for how much.

Those little patch kit just falls off anyways.

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but shopee recently terminated the ability to pay by bank transfer.

1 Like

That’s why I only buy ‘pay on delivery’.

3 Likes

Pretty much how I operate unless its a seller with a lot of reviews. Proper reviews, eg with photos and or reviews over a long period.

1 Like

they are changing a lot. cant even view pages on a phone without signing up or waiting before their auto direct to switch to desktop mode.

I have given them up. I use them to find sellers on a computer, get their contact and purchase without them getting a fee for being a shittier service :innocent:

they seem to be overstepping their bounds as of late…something i dont support.

That’s a fair way so long as the buyer accepts paying the applicable fees. otherwise the manufacturers shouldnt really be burdened further for R word customers. it’s quite harsh the amount of cost a company goes through with idiots that buyan say no or dont recieve. wasteful at best. goes to show how cheap the product must be to actually make sense after so many costs and risks :wink:

I support places that have a proper website. that’s my filter haha. reputation ought to strike enough fear in the hearts of sellers. that’s our responsibility as a customer. give honest feedback.

I don’t like how platforms like ruten or shopee has all these listings that obviously do not originate from Taiwan. It’s dishonest and no idea why they’re even allowed.

And often with a 300% markup compared to ordering from taobao.

2 Likes

I found an item that had a price of 1000 NT$, and a shipping fee of 10000NT$.

They don’t want you to buy it.

I use it but it ain’t no amazon. Recently had one order cancelled because they ran out of stock (why have it up then) and another cancel because the shipping was higher than they first thought. So they cancelled it and asked me to order it again. Professionalism leaving a lot to be desired.

I’ve had to do customs declaration stuff several times before before my order would be processed, but this time it’s different. Usually I thin I submit stuff to the shipping company, this time they took my info within Shopee itself. And I’m getting this:

clicking the notice goes here

As soon as I type an English character the error comes up.

I checked the EZWay app and I’m already verified on it. It has my name different (last, first, middle), but I dunno if that’s the issue, and I can’t update it on Shopee regardless. Hmm

When I did the verification on Shopee it requested photos of my ID card and filled in my name as shown on the card, so I thought I was done. Now the name it says I’m using (on the order page) is just FIRSTLAST

I only once ever had to use EZWay at all, so I dunno how this is all tied together.

1 Like

Are you Taiwanese then, as suggested there?

Either way, you have to use Chinese names for this step because English/romanized names aren’t allowed. They’re fine with EZWay itself (for non-Taiwanese/Chinese/Hong Kong/Macao citizens), but not for Shopee. It won’t let you link your Shopee profile to an EZWay profile without a Chinese name. See also this thread:

If you’re not Taiwanese, it looks like you’ve registered as Taiwanese on Shopee.

1 Like

What suggests that?
I’m not.

I figured the current issue was that my name on Shopee doesn’t match my EZWay. EZWay does not have a Chinese name for me. The EZWay app says I cna only enter a Chinese name if it’s on my ID card.