Let's talk about impeachment

It’s a cute and elementary game you’re trying to play, but Powell’s record is his own. As is Flynn’s for talking with Russia, representing Trump, undermining the Obama administration while still in office.

I don’t think Powell is a bad person, but his record is that. As is Flynn’s. Who for whatever good he did in service has erased that totally with the Russia stuff and now his kooky Qanon support.

Vindeman, I haven’t seen him leading anyone into a stupid war, or acting treasonous. Or supporting insane theorists. So my level of respect for him, it’s above Powell, and way above Flynn.

It’s you who is playing hide the ball. Rather hard to keep up with yah, but that’s all good. Cheerios.

That much is obvious. :kiss:

I’ve seen Vindman acting treasonous, just a few months ago.

And he lost his own personal war big time.

Problem is, in reality, there’s plenty of actual evidence to show both Flynn and Stone are bad guys. The stuff about Vindeman is only in your head. I respect your right to have it exist there though, we all have to survive.

There’s really not in the case of Flynn, I opened a thread for you to amaze us with your insight,

if it extends beyond “he pleaded guilty” at a time he was being bankrupted, his son was being threatened, being poorly represented and details of his innocence (the original notes) were being withheld as were facts like he shouldn’t have been investigated and then when they wrongly did investigate him declined to close when other FBI agents wanted to.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Gen Michael Flynn case

Something’s all in somebody’s head.

The anecdote, buried in five-year-old diplomatic files, provides a fresh illustration of the awkward, uncomfortable conflict of interest State officials perceived as they tried to fight pervasive corruption in Ukraine under Joe Biden’s leadership while the vice president’s son collected large payments as a board member for an energy firm widely viewed as corrupt.

The concerns first came to a head in January 2015, the memos show, about eight months after Hunter Biden was named to Burisma’s board and after two major corruption investigations — one in Ukraine and the other in Britain — were opened against the gas firm.

2 Likes

The last one was a lot of fun.

1 Like

That’s Dirty Harry’s line.

It’s also poor leadership by Trump. Impeachment is bad news for everybody, and it should never be used to taunt the other side.

If Democrats were able, just once, to keep from sinking even lower than Trump - if they could have consistently held the moral high ground the past four years rather than consistently sinking even lower than Trump - then I’d probably be feeling like I did in 2016 and be willing to vote for Biden as the best outcome for the USA as a whole.

Alas.

2 Likes

In the swamp, there is no high ground.

https://www.floodmap.net/Elevation/ElevationMap/?gi=4140963

RealClearInvestigations has learned that one of the CIA operatives who helped Brennan draft the ICA, Andrea Kendall-Taylor, financially supported Hillary Clinton during the campaign and is a close colleague of Eric Ciaramella, identified last year by RCI as the Democratic national security “whistleblower" whose complaint led to Trump’s impeachment, ending in Senate acquittal in January.

…secret congressional review details how the ICA, which was hastily put together over 30 days at the direction of Obama intelligence czar James Clapper, did not follow longstanding rules for crafting such assessments. It was not farmed out to other key intelligence agencies for their input, and did not include an annex for dissent, among other extraordinary departures from past tradecraft.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

Dershowitz initially declined to comment to CNN, saying, “I don’t talk to CNN, I sue them.” But he told Politico on Friday that it would be his “honor and privilege” to defend the President.

Not sure of truth of these assertions

1 Like

True, if he’s found guilty in the Senate.
And pretty bad when you have to rely on Dersh and Giuliani for your defense, especially if you’re not getting a tongue bath from Mitch. Anyway, shouldn’t Rudy be up there as an unindicted co-conspirator?

Listened to a lot of BBC and NPR in the car yesterday. No one thought Pelosi has the time to get Impeachment through. I suggest as other did that it is pressure to get him to resign.

and this:

1 Like

If Trump got impeached twice and convicted once, in a month he’d be on Trump TV using it as evidence that the deep state has TDS, and here he is still standing, King of Parler Island.