Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

When they start eating the people who bring them food, that will be bad

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

I am optimistic and have re-scheduled my flight to mid-April

1 Like

This is so sad. WARNING disturbing video as woman falls off Quarantined Apartment building in Wuhan… not sure what she was trying to do.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FIsChinar%2Fstatus%2F1226707620909719554&widget=Tweet

5 Likes

So many days and Japan still didn’t finish testing everyone. But Taiwan tested and received results of 1700 people in 6 hours… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Well?! What did they discover? This excerpt doesn’t specify…

There is some crazy stuff on that guy’s Twitter.

From the article:
“Experts from the New South Wales Health Pathology lab in Australia have successfully grown the live coronavirus from NSW patients – rather than synthetic specimens --according to a health ministry statement.

“Health experts around the world will be able to contain the spread of novel coronavirus among the population faster, following a breakthrough by NSW Health researchers,” the statement said.

Australian health minister Brad Hazzard said experts can now help contain the spread of the virus faster, as understanding the epidemiology of the disease is necessary to develop reliable diagnostic testing to identify and contain it.

“Early and accurate diagnosis of infectious and deadly viruses is critical because undiagnosed patients can unknowingly transmit it to others,” Hazzard said.

NSW Health Pathology’s director of public health pathology, Professor Dominic Dwyer, said that “this cutting-edge work will expand access to faster, reliable diagnostic testing for infected patients not just here in NSW but around the world."

He added that synthetic virus tools don’t offer the same high degree of diagnostic accuracy needed to develop effective drugs to treat patients.

“We’re proud to be able to share our discovery with the World Health Organization, and international researchers and clinicians, so together we ultimately help save lives,” Dwyer said.”

No details except that they can now grow the virus

Yea I saw a lot of his videos he gathered from Wuhan and around China…crazy stuff happening there

I got excited for nothing…

1 Like

Yes sireee. I’m following him.

Harry Chen PhD

1 Like

At least they got use the big fancy word in the headline.

Growing a real virus as opposed to a synthetic one must have some advantage **

FWIW, the world’s scientists are acting fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if they cranked out a vaccine for this sumbitch in a matter of 3 months.

1 Like

Reminds me of a joke about offerring Count Dracula a cup of tea…

I think you are confusing Contagion with the reality.

3 Likes

I found some useful stuff in there, too. Thanks for the post.

1 Like

The head of health ministry is named Brad Hazzard?

1 Like

It smells to me: Chaos is about to break! :runaway: :doh: :runaway:

2 Likes