Quote of the day

Well, the US patent office apparently does. IIRC he has six patents related to mRNA vaccines.

The guy has credibility. He knows considerably more about the general subject of vaccines than you do. The fact that you don’t understand what he says, or dismiss him out-of-hand as a crank, is an artifact of your own beliefs. I doubt you’d be able to find any statement of his that you can show to be factually incorrect or “misleading”.

It was in his Twitter bio.

I don’t need to. Others have done it.

This shows well how many have worked together to get to this point. There are a lot of patents for mRNA.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41587-021-00912-9

1 Like

“Inventor of mRNA vaccines,” not “the inventor.”

1 Like

:thinking:

Is still not correct and ambiguous. The article does not change it.

Edit: And I linked his bio on his website. Where he used ‘the inventor’.
Malone is more careful lately not to label himself that way.

Ambiguous, therefore not incorrect. :slightly_smiling_face:

But misleading. Therefore clarifications was needed.

Like most things related to SARS-CoV-2 and vaccines these days… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, a lot of misinformation.

1 Like

So despite having patents and lab notebooks that constitute prior art for Karikó and Rossi, he’s not “the” inventor. ohhh…kay.

I actually agree that the use of the word “the” on his blog is a bit egotistical. But it’s hardly “misinformation”, is it? That guy achieved more in the first 20 years of his career than you or I would manage in five lifetimes. You just don’t like what he says, so you have find any little crevice into which you can insert a fact-checking crowbar.

And the quote is still true, innit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s debatable. “Anti-vaxxers” were already blamed for harming people in general (not just themselves) before covid, but certainly not on this scale.

“No such thing as bad student. Only bad teacher.”
- Mr. Miyagi

3 Likes

2 Likes

Cross-post of the day:

2 Likes

Well, we do know that apparently:

“Opening your mouth to eat is the most dangerous thing to do,” the mayor said.

2 Likes

quote if there's anything worse than an insult

–T. Gain

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Joke of the day 2022

I know worrying works, because none of the stuff I worried about ever happened.

–Will Rogers

4 Likes