RIP Shiadoa

It’s with a sad heart to inform everyone that Alan Parkes passed away this evening at 18:08.
He was sedated and went away in his sleep.

11 Likes

It saddens me to hear that.

I’m very sorry to hear that.

I guess he lived his live to the fullest.

5 Likes

Sad news.

Thanks for letting us know.

Very sad.

2 Likes

While expected, it is still extremely sad to hear this. I didn’t know him personally, but he was always nice to me here. And others, even when he disagreed with people. He disagreed with a mischievous smile and sense of good-natured humor. A blow to the expat community and this forum for sure.

17 Likes

That’s sad news. We will miss him.

6 Likes

I’ll always remember his positive attitude in the face of hard reality. I hope I will be the same when my time comes.

17 Likes

There wasn’t a single negative bone in his body. Rest well @shiadoa

14 Likes

Just reread a few PMs we shared. Nice enough guy.

1 Like

He came to Taiwan late in life and he really got the most out of it. We will miss you.

9 Likes

My condolences to the family. @ sulavaca if it’s not seen as inappropriate, many of us think of Shiadoa as a friend, although just though Forumosa, keep us updated as I imagine there may be those who would like to pay respects.

11 Likes

I’m so sad to hear about @shiadoa’s death. He brought so much life and joy to this forum. A true English gentleman till the end. This place will never be the same without his corny humor and good cheer. I take consolation in the fact that he lived life to the fullest, with his racing car pedal to the metal, and that he passed away in his sleep with a minimum of suffering. My condolences to all his family and friends as well. He will be dearly missed. :cold_sweat::disappointed_relieved::cry::sob:

21 Likes

Rest in peace big man.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

8 Likes

Dreadful news. Alan was a good mate, and I regret not meeting up with him often enough. I’m devastated.

7 Likes

Myself and Shiadoa probably shared hundreds of ripostes over Brexit for years and there was never an ounce of ill will between us ! His good nature shined right through and he was definitely a moderating influence on us here . And I owe him a lot of beers .:sweat:

8 Likes

RIP Shiadao.

You showed us some of the many ways we might live life to the fullest here in Taiwan.

Guy

6 Likes

Rest In Peace, Mr. Parkes.
Thank you so much for the camaraderie, laughs and advice.
My condolences to his family members and to this community that loved him so much.

5 Likes

I actually just put a face Shiadoa. Looks like a nice guy, to bad we never met in person.