Ron DeSantis

Check for an appropriate thread and there is usually a good home for simple content. Feel free to edit your post to give readers an idea of what is on the other side of the link. And your two cents, if you’re up for it

2 Likes

I also considered this thread, some crazy stuff there as well

1 Like

And it didn’t!- or at least went on life support.

I try to boost it from time to time, I think a lot of what could go there falls in to other threads

Banning books, persecuting LGBT+ people, curtailing free speech… fascists will fash.

I just found if I tried to keep up, it would take all my time. Life is too short.

1 Like

Less and less, he seems like one to watch for 2024

1 Like

I don’t think he can be counted out yet, but the air of inevitability is bleeding away.

1 Like

Just saw a DeSantis national TV ad. It begins

It continues.

If you’re concerned about "gum crime ", best stay clear of Singapore.

1 Like

Seems odd. Why no second opinion, or did I miss something?

Florida law allows abortions after 15 weeks if two doctors confirm the diagnosis of a fatal fetal abnormality in writing, but doctors in Florida and states with similar laws have been hesitant to terminate such pregnancies for fear someone will question whether the abnormality was truly fatal. The penalties for violating the law are severe: Doctors can go to prison and face heavy fines and legal fees.

This kid should have never been born then.

Last month, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law an even more restrictive measure that would ban most abortions in the state after six weeks, with an exception for fatal fetal abnormalities. The law won’t go into effect until the state Supreme Court overturns its precedent on abortion or tosses out a case challenging state abortion restrictions.

Some polls tracking Trump vs DeSantis with DeSantis dropping into the teens.

DeSantis is the MSM darling they give tons of coverage and started off with good polls and now almost shrinking to irrelevancy yet non of the MSM ever take the time to explain why.

Why do you think?

Well, he started off with good polls because Republicans like him, still do I think and because many wanted to move on from Trump, probably still do if they can.

But Republicans don’t take their lead from the MSM and people started to point out DeSantis was funded by big money donors, the campaign was scripted and inauthentic and everything he did or said was pre screened.

So, it looks like many of the Republicans seem to agree, they don’t want an establishment puppet so his numbers dropped. The MSM still seems to have hopes his numbers will pick up but if that’s his problem, I don’t see any amount of persuasion or well scripted sound bites will turn things around.

2 Likes

I voted for Biden, Hillary 2x, Obama 2x, against Trump 2x. Now Any reasonable Republican is good enough. “Amnesty for everyone” is how Biden’s words were heard around the world. Do illegals care he didn’t say precisely that? Obviously not. I voted for Biden b/c he’s not Trump. With Trump gone, I will not support endless liberal ideas nobody thought through (defund the police, open borders, my life doesn’t matter, decriminalizing to pretend Dems lowered crime, men in sports as women, reparations because Africans sold Africans in Africa hundreds of years ago, and hundreds more whacky ideas). Truman and Wilson today would say the modern democrat is as nutty as a fruitcake. Progressives say no media photo of criminals — unless white. It’s similar to the all-points-bulletin to be on the lookout for a criminal on the loose. But they give you a description of the perp’s clothes — as if the clothes committed the crime! Trump is an effect. Democrats are the cause. Dems created the Frankenstein Trump with endless loony liberal ideas

Trump asked for 25B to build the wall to protect US borders. He was denied and called racist. Now Democrats have given 200B to defend Ukraine borders!!!

2 Likes

All in one election??

I was like wasn’t he indicted a couple days ago? Keep mixing up Desantis and Santos lol.

1 Like

And Soros.