Russia invades Ukraine: Specific Developments 2023

Nord Stream Who? - The American Conservative

But the Washington Post recently reported that, after months of investigation, there is nothing to suggest that Russia was responsible. The Post article interviewed “23 diplomatic and intelligence officials in nine countries” who said that “[t]here is no evidence at this point that Russia was behind the sabotage.” It reports that “even those with inside knowledge of the forensic details don’t conclusively tie Russia to the attack.”

If Russia didn’t do it, one of us did. The most disturbingly unasked question of 2022 is: Who blew up the Nord Stream pipelines?

and this:

Analysts Predict 1 Million Bpd Drop in Russian Crude Output | OilPrice.com

According to Energy Intelligence, Russian refineries are already struggling with a labor shortage due to conscription for Putin’s war on Ukraine. Energy Intel analysts expect to see a further decline in Russian refining margins this year as they pay more for tankers to export further, predicting a 600,000-bpd drop in refining throughput in 2023, year-on-year.

I read as well that if they shut down or reduce flows from Siberian pipelines, the extreme cold may turn the oil and water into the pipe into a sludgy compound, a problem which could take years to rectify.

I’d say looks like cheap oil is back on the menu, boys.

1 Like

Russian soldiers compelled to drop their loot.

Ukrainians are now at the gates of Kreminna. The short period of warm weather thawed the ground the last couple of weeks, and slowed down Ukrainian progress, but it’s going to be sub-zero for a month, which will be when intense fighting will resume.

1 Like

4 Likes

Finally, an update on those 500,000 that are coming to finally end Vlad’s war as soon as the ground is frozen. The info comes from Ukrainian intelligence, via MSM, so it must be true!

4 Likes

Is it fake news?

Once more news covering situation in the Ukraine. It seems that Ukrainians know the proverb: any port in the storm

https://southafricatoday.net/world-news/europe/ukraines-sbu-prepares-provocation-in-kharkiv-region-to-discredit-russian-army-moscow/

Russian propaganda, would be my assessment

Isn’t this the same story you just shared?

I was wondering, is it possible that the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) prepared a provocation using the bodies of civilians who died in the Kharkiv region in order to subsequently accuse Russia of torturing ordinary citizens?

I just wanna show the interesting, but not so popular topic

I head from the Russian Defence Ministry that Ukraine was using the bodies of dead civilians to accuse Russia of killing civilians. Anyone else heard about this? Sounds like a provocation to me.

1 Like

Is this the Russian mindset?

Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has accused Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida of shameful subservience to the United States and suggested he should ritually disembowel himself.

It was the latest in a long line of shocking and provocative statements from Medvedev, who was once seen as a Western-leaning reformer but has reinvented himself as an arch-hawk since Russia invaded Ukraine last year.

This is peripheral, but I think, important.

Finally a development on tanks

Germany is going to send modern Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

Edit:

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Russia invades Ukraine: General Discussion 2023