Starbucks!

If nothing else around anywhere to eat, the turkey croissant, or the fresh vegetable cup.

Crown is a much better bakery and coffee shop, pity their Taipei expansion didnā€™t go well. Common in South and Central Taiwan.
Taipei rents are too high.

Itā€™s okay. We also have Master Fang down here in KH, which isā€¦ also okay.

The best bakeries are the small independent places, usually run-down and open air with a long line of people hopping off their scooter to get some quick breakfast on the go.

How about this?

ā€™ California cafe Klatch touts US$75 per cup of coffee as worldā€™s priciestā€™

Bought one today for 1450. Itā€™s special :rofl:

Only 139 more refills and Iā€™ll break even.

Or maybe Iā€™ll just fill it up before I leave the house on my way to Starbucks.

Seems there is another buy one get one day coming up. Please be aware, and safe yourself! Run away!

image image In hospital I had a couple of nice meals at the Starbucks when I could walk down there

I hate those days. Iā€™d gladly pay the full price not to deal with that line. Taiwanese and their willingness to stand in line for hours just to save a few NTD, I tell yaā€¦ A couple weeks ago I saw a line going around the block near where I live. This was in sweltering heat. I thought that maybe a new chain like a Taco Bell or some famous bakery is opening hereā€¦but nope, just a generic lunchbox place is giving a second lunchbox for free when you buy one. The lunchbox may be mediocre or worse, but people were lining up for 40 minutes in the heat to save 60 NTDā€¦ :man_facepalming:

No, there are no Starbucks in Taipei. There are also no 7-11s, Family Marts or department stores. Itā€™s a post-apocalyptic wasteland disco dystopia.

A good way to weed out people from Facebook and Instagram :grin:

EFlMsxVX0AAMkVg

2 Likes

So do Pumpkin Spice Lattes show up in Taiwan? I had my first one in Canada about a month ago, and I confess I quite enjoyed it in a ā€œdecadent once-a-month-cake pureed into a cupā€ way. But like Indian masala chai, the pumpkin spice lattes have plenty of cinnamon, and often that spice doesnā€™t seem to go over well here. Too medicinal, I think?

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen it, unfortunately. I miss it too. Their fall special is some oat latte thing that tastes like shit.

This summer in Canada the press was rather scathing about Starbucksā€™ early launching of a ā€œfallā€ product. But it suited me fine, because Iā€™m only ever there in the summer, so this was my first chance to try one!

Oat milk is all the rage!

Behold! Pumpkin spice latte now available in Taiwan soon. Now in one location in Zhonghsiao.

1 Like

Wow, I want to try one. I want one of those mint things from last year too

Italy may have great coffee, but I do miss a venti frap to treat myself sometimes.

Iā€™m holding out for the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha.

1 Like

e4erbywluvv31

6 Likes