The Forumosan Recipe Thread

LOL. Busted with the copy and paste. Thanks.

Now you tell me. You should see my kitchen

2 Likes

Please forgive me. :relieved::relieved: At least no digits were lost in the process I hope. :grinning:

1 Like

uh, 8, 9, 10. Nope!

1 Like

You probably wasted a lot of perfectly good olive oil though.

You can never use too much olive oil!

1 Like

I thought you were in the kitchen ?

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with a well-oiled uh…cutting board.

1 Like

I think @anon38216271 already got the last word here.

1 Like

This is a great idea. I started writing simple recipes based on the ingredients available in Taiwan that I was planning to put into a blog or something. I can now spam them here! Hope you enjoy reading (or even better cooking).

Seafood Pasta

Simple and quick recipe, ideal for the fresh seafood readily available in Taiwan. Substitute European basil and parsley with Asian basil and coriander if not available.

Ingredients

• Pasta (spaghetti, tagliatelle)
  • Finely chopped garlic
  • Lemon (grated zest and juice)
  • Chilli Flakes
  • White Wine (Something fresh like Sauvignon Blanc)
  • Tin Tomatoes (blended) or passata
  • Meaty Fish (e.g. Swordfish)
  • Mixed Seafood (Clams, Squid, Shrimp)
  • Chopped parsley and basil

Method

1. Leave the clams to soak in briny water a couple of hours before so they release all the grit
  2. Cook pasta then cool under running water
  3. Gently fry garlic, lemon zest and chilli flakes in olive oil until turning golden. Do not brown.
  4. Add a glass of white wine and bring to simmer
  5. Add tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer
  6. In separate pan fry fish until golden
  7. Add seafood and cooked fish to pan and cook (you may need to adjust the order to make sure evenly cooked)
  8. Stir in the pasta, herbs and lemon juice, check seasoning, and serve with a chilled glass of wine.

7 Likes

Looks delicious!

Spam away! But if you do start a blog as well, please share the link, would love to follow :slight_smile:

Could you correct the posting for Sazon? One is for Adobe which is a different season.Thank you.

And if you need me to point it out I’ll be happy to help.

@Marco

The above is for Adobe seasoning. Thanks

@Marco

The above is for Sazon. Thanks

GINGER PUNCH

1/2 Lb fresh ginger
1 cup honey or 1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
6 cups still or sparkling water
Ice cubes

1. Scrub the ginger with a brush to clean off any dirt and cut into 1/4 in thick slices. Do not peel. In a small saucepan, combine the ginger and 2 cups waters. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently until you have a strong infusion, about 20 minutes. You may add 1/4 cups of at a time, to keep the ginger covered by water, if needed.

2. Stir in the honey (or sugar), salt and lemon juice. Cool completely. Strain and chill

3. To serve, add the still or sparkling water to the syrup and serve over ice.

— from Jubilee by Toni Tipton-Martin

3 Likes

Homemade blue and yellow corn chips, salsa and tostones with cheese and guava paste.
Plantains are 芭蕉。
Fry peeled green plantain chunks once. Let cool a minute then smash with a glass. I used a tortilla press but obliterated the first one.
Fry the smashed plantains until crispy. Top with anything.
I don’t know why guava paste isn’t a thing here but any jam and cheese would be great.

7 Likes

We cooked a giant mushroom from the wild.

4 Likes

Is that safe?

2 Likes

This was Andrew’s last post :scream:

My money however is on the Italians having a firm grip on the edibility of locally harvested produce!

1 Like