šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ UK - London | Don't travel now/Nightclubs in London

Omg an insult to English breakfast. The beans should not be in a pretentious little bowl.

2 Likes

Big bangers, looks bigger than your phone.

1 Like

I get that feedback a lot.

1 Like

Taiwan is also really cold last few days! At least UK has heaters, most Taiwanese do not.

1 Like

Should be back in Reading for work related meeting end of next month, will try get time before or after my meeting, then back on the train. Good Brekkie or coffee places in the towns? I will have choose one town it seems with limited time, as work trip,

Yeah, both have plenty of independent cafƩs and such. Flip a coin!

For Marlow you have to change train at Maidenhead, Henley you change at Twyford.

1 Like

Muncheesā€“used to breaky there a lot
Munchees Cafe & Restaurant - Google Maps

1 Like

Thank You, will try if I can get there earlier!

All day breaky is offered

1 Like

Thanks, good to know! (Still have to go early as meetings at England working hours) I also saw photos, I hope can delete the french fries on the brekkie choices

1 Like

Sauce for my hot soba.

1 Like

Went today, was good!

2 Likes

There is also a great lunch at Market place in Reading. Little more upscale but excellent vegetable dishes and salads, as well as artisanal pizzas, etc.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Poland | Visiting Poland

Do you know what the JD in JD Weatherspoons stands for?

Jefferson Davis!!!
Wetherspoons - Wikipedia
The name of the business originates from JD, a character in The Dukes of Hazzard ,
Confederate Song - I Wish I Was In Dixie Land (with lyrics) - YouTube

Surprised the woke jackasses arenā€™t going after the name.

1 Like

I guess I do not know this show, is a English one, maybe not broadcast in Ireland when I was there?

1 Like

Boss Hogg or JD Hogg is named after the President of the Confederacy
Jefferson Davis - Wikipedia

Thus, JD Weatherspoons is actually Jefferson Davis Weatherspoons.

Quid holding up well (to my distain), things not as cheap when converted to Taiwan$

1 Like

Dismay

1 Like

I found: The name of the business originates from JD, a character in The Dukes of Hazzard , and Wetherspoon, the surname of one of Martinā€™s teachers in New Zealand, who had told him that he thought he would never amount to much.

1 Like