Unlimited 4G Internet 499NT/Month, offer until 5/15 @ Chunghua Telecom (CHT)

For those looking for an alternative:

Same network - also unlimited and only $466 per month. Gets cheaper if you use only small amounts of data. Monthly contract.

One note on my own “ad” :laughing: that I found out last year. Circles.Life does not allow for international roaming to date, so if you are planning to use your Taiwanese number overseas keep in mind that you won’t be able to with this company.

1 Like

Does that apply to receiving text messages overseas as well?

Still not nearly as good as the TStar deals, but they usually have more consistent coverage.

It applies to all, sadly. The SIM doesn’t connect to any network outside of Taiwan. It caught me off-guard last year and when I contacted the customer service via chat they confirmed that roaming is not an option for now.

Really a pity, because I have no complaints at all on this telco, just praises.

1 Like

Plus Tsar demands guarantors so some of us can’t or are not willing to do that to get the deals. And yes they usually have the best deals unfortunately.

I seem to have squeezed the last of this deal. Got a message from Chunghwa that it won’t be renewed. It has been a good run. :sob:

2 Likes

Time to reshop for deals

Strange. My wife just renewed it. She couldn’t find the option online to renew it but she could do it when she went into the office.

Taiwan Mobile $999 for home internet and unlimited 4G

1 Like

Is good? I have CHT and is bad, the speed is not stable and gets really slow sometimes.

Minus a hiccup here and there, I have found it stable and consistent.

120 mbps cable internet at home

unlimited 4G on the go.

1 Like

Chunghwa offered 5G and a present to update the contract. :+1:

2 Likes

Does that coverage extend to the outer islands? Orchid, Green, Penghu and Matsu?

I’m looking up plans now and will need a phone that does killer pics and video without any real user know how. :laughing:

1 Like

Yes. Taiwan Mobile is nationwide.

1 Like

I suppose they have tons of phone to choose from?

You mean to buy on a contract, yes they have a ton to choose from. Though honestly their iphone deals aren’t that good IMO.

But you’ll have to pay a year up front if you are a new customer.

What?

I don’t bother. I buy my phones outright.

1 Like

That’s how they keep you from absconding with “free” phones, because they don’t lock phones like they do in the states, so if you’re a new customer, you gotta pay a year of phone bills up front. Exception is different with various carriers, I think Taiwan Mobile just require you to be a customer for 3 years or more (which is how I’m able to get the pixel for “free”).

So for new customers, don’t bother.