Anyone Surf?

Moving to Taiwan in August, want to get into it, is the surf scene in Taiwan any good? First person to respond receives 720 ntd

There is surfing in Taiwan.
Depending on where you live, it could be a 5 hour drive.
Suggest you PM Northcoast Surfer.
Name says it all.

I do :slight_smile:

But on snow though :frowning:

There’s surf but it’s crowded all year and not consistent. Winter swell is best, cold and humid and miserable but the water is warm. North coast and east coast are good, the south in Kending is good too. Typhoon season June to October is best before one comes in-monster waves and it’s ILLEGAL to surf during a typhoon warning. Have to time it right or it gets too blown out and the waves become race horses with strong currents and very short, rapid intervals.

It’s good to have a car to check the breaks

Summer/spring can be flat. Best to get a fish or a longboard or both when you are here although a short board is okay on big days. Magic Seaweed will show you where the popular breaks are-some get real rocky-mostly beach breaks I haven’t surfed a reef break in Taiwan.

Loads of surf shops though a lot of them are closed in the winter. There are a few in Taipei which are really expensive and cater to rich kids with a Japan surf fetish.

Hmmm… :ponder: Surfing… :ponder: Hey…guess what? The SEARCH function actually works! :unamused:

[url=Windsurfing

[url=Surfing

[url=Kiteboarding/ Kitesurfing

[url=WCIF Surfboards, surf / surfing gear? Surfboards, surf / surfing gear?[/url]

[url=Surfing Taiwan Taiwan[/url]

[url=Surfing

[url=Surfing: Northern Taiwan Dawn Patrol Northern Taiwan Dawn Patrol[/url]

[url=Looking for Surfing partner for a surfing partner[/url]

[url=Surfing in Taiwan in Taiwan[/url]

[url=Surfing in Taiwan In Taiwan[/url]

CU Surf Shop
A.C. - Owner
(02) 2638-2733

CU Surf Shop Blog

CU Surf Shop on Facebook

Moving to Taiwan next year myself. Was curious about how strict the no-surf laws are during the typhoons. Can you hit the water super early and avoid the cops? Can you find beaches that are out of the way and unlikely to be patrolled?

I’ve also heard they can be strict about swimmers in the surf zone, does that include bodysurfers?

Taiwan seems to have some solid surf, but laws like this would dampen the experience.

1 Like