Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Great idea. In my plans. Hopefully, the virus will have died down by then–NY has had a bad outbreak.

1 Like

It’s over for me guys.

15 Likes

The only thing I found is this. If there is a sentence like other locations needed or ordered to pursue the contracted service/business, I guess there may be no problem. I also read somewhere that business travel to other locations is also allowed.

有一家總公司是在台北,而在觀音湖口有工廠,會遇到的問題是,在申請工作許可函的時候,工作地點寫的是總公司,可能那個外國人是去工廠工作,可能在申請工作許可證的時候就會被當地的警察局刁難,他會問你既然工作地點在台北為什麼工作要在桃園?又很難跟他解釋原因,蠻不方便的。勞委會表示,如果你今天有十個其他工廠,可在申請時,將工作地點改成「其他所有工廠」。此隱示,雇主對勞委會規範的資訊不夠了解。

There might be a better place to continue.

2 Likes

it was nice knowing you, @Andrew0409, see you on the flip side :smiling_face:

3 Likes

The fat lady ain’t sung yet, man. :rainbow:

1 Like

You still in Italy?

1 Like

Stay safe and remember two meters from the wife at all times.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Press ‘F.’ :disappointed:

But seriously, hope you and your missus are okay. These are challenging times.

8 Likes

Only 4 new cases in China, looks like they have it under control or do they control the numbers?

2 Likes

It could be worse:

Grown men who dress like smurfs kinda deserve what they get tbh.

Don’t be such a Gargamel! :roll:

1 Like

Yes.

Thought you had left already. Hope this doesn’t go on longer so you can make it to the USA.

[The passage which @tando quoted, immediately above, is located here, in a very large document in PDF format; clicking the link in the word “here” will cause a window to pop up for downloading that PDF document from the site of the National Development Council.]

Thanks for that one, @tando. If I’m reading this correctly, it means that there are other people who find the law confusing. The employer assumed it was adequate to put the head office in Taipei as the workplace, even though the worker was going to work in a factory located in Guanyin District in Taoyuan, which appears to be about 43 kilometers away. This would supposedly cause problems when applying for a work permit.

Edited to add:

@GreatInternetMaster, I see that @yyy posted about the issue 32 minutes ago in another part of the board:

Thank you, @yyy, and thanks again, @tando!

Edited to add again; here’s an interesting post in the thread about working remote:

2 Likes

He may reach the US just in time to enjoy the lockdown there too!

1 Like

I just saw that to leave Italy now one must have a work visa in another country or a relevant family issue. Wondering how could @Andrew0409 be able to leave under these requirements :confused: tough situation

I doubt the US of A will have a lockdown, even if just for a few weeks it would cause a major impact in the economy. They can have a major lockdown but without calling it so. Just arbitrary refusing entry, no visa waver etc, change of policy without causing the panic the president is afraid of.

Italy is ridiculous and France/Germany/Spain/Switzerland look like they are next. What a time to be alive.

2 Likes

is this applied to foreigners too?

Not sure on the details, the news piece didn’t say. I only know that British citizens are still able to leave Italy (official piece of information from the UK, who knows why)