Mexican Food in Taipei

BTW Luca’s King Tacos is open today for anyone who wants to have tacos/escape from the house.

2 Likes

老墨餐車MexicanOGdiningcar, maybe also have a truck.

In Ximen. Near Modern Toilet

Dropped pin

1 Like

Based on that photo, I presume you did not have a chance to try their offerings? :rofl:

Guy

Craving some mole and found Teotihuacan had a mole enchiladas option. Pricey but pretty good.

Now that I have a temporary stay in the middle of town I’ve been sampling from Nomad and Teotihuacan. How about Twinkeyz, NALAs, Playa? Are any of these worth a stop on the quarantine food tour?

I’d place Masa ahead of them.

But then again I haven’t tried tacos as take out. I’ve only eaten their food in the shop before that was halted.

Guy

1 Like

Masa wasn’t on Uber Eats :frowning: but I will keep an eye out.

I’d say they’re definitely worth a try as you might find something that fits you.

1 Like

They still do delivery. Pastor is the best. I love the pescado, but they haven’t had it recently.

Oh, and teotihuacan does a very good fish ceviche (I haven’t had the shrimp one)

4 Likes

I’ve been to NALA’s and Playa. Never went back after the initial visit. Nomad is consistently good. Masa is awesome. One place I’ve been meaning to try–The King Taco in Xindian. One of these days.

Pro-tip: You can also hire a lalamove to go pick it up for you and help you pay cash for the order.

1 Like

I really like the others but I stopped ordering them its so good.

NALA’s Mexican Food (near CKS memorial)
https://goo.gl/maps/VrFLNXwSzdWg3QWz5

Maybe I was hungdry, but nice almost comforting kind of tex-mex and something else, familiar taste with the spicy sauce, lots of lettuce and toppings, taco very nice and familiar.

But the rice, rice, rice… Burrito, rice; Taco, rice; Burrito bowl, huge bottom layer of rice with small but nice topping.

Wish mexican food in Taiwan didn’t include rice, or so much rice, or would have a no-rice option.

Note: I try avoiding carbs including rice.

1 Like

No rice in sight at the better tacquerias (The King Taco near Xindian District Office MRT Station; Masa near Xinyi Anhe MRT Station).

Guy

1 Like

New place called Masa Tacos. This is the most Authentic Mexican food Ive had in my 9 years in Taiwan. Better than El Sabroso , Tacos Luca , ToGo Nomad or Twinkeys . Its near Xinyi Anhe MRT

6 Likes

They’re good, and I suppose they’d still count as new, but they’ve been discussed a fair bit already upthread:

3 Likes

What about Eddy’s cantina in Tianmu?

In its various incarnations, it has received enough love to make it to 300+ posts in this dedicated thread:

Guy

1 Like

I am not sure if can honestly hand on heart say King Taco is a better place. I mean the food is good but it’s a little box in a side street ages from the station

First off, King Taco is a five minute walk (seven if you crawl) from Xindian District Office Station on the Green Line.

It’s unapologetically northern Mexican street food, quite different from the LA hipster vibe at Masa. They are totally different experiences even though they both sell tacos.

Guy

3 Likes

It’s a shitty room living room. He didn’t even have beer when we went, told us to go to OK Matt. Food was OK though