Taipei 101

Is there not a thread or discussion about this incredible building? I think it’s beautiful.

Lots of things to talk about like changes over the years and shopping and eating and working there and food court ups and downs and Starbucks coffee shop and rumors and whatever but I’m just going to throw up a couple pictures first.

My oldest picture and my newest picture.

First picture old blurry simple with old camera from house, second one just down the road, which is my most recent picture although I have like a hundred and one gazillion.

What day of the week was that taken, then?

Google photos tells me that was taken by me on a Wednesday 31 December.

I’ll take a guess by what was meant is Taipei 101 is Yellow, therefore it’s a Wednesday :slight_smile:

ps: it does look kind of green in the picture, though the circle at the bottom is more clearly yellow.

1 Like

It’s a promotion for a boring bar (a bar for cutting stuff on a lathe) that also uses mass damper technology, using Taipei 101 as an example.

2 Likes

Really?

9 Likes

You should go post them in r/taiwan. They love that shit over there. There’s a limit of 50 per day though.

2 Likes

Are you drunk? :rofl:

Guy

5 Likes

I know a plastic cup of draft beer is ridiculously expensive when you get to the top.

5 Likes

Eh, nothing wrong with pictures. I agree that it’s a nice-looking building. But saying there aren’t any threads about it is a little odd. (There were many more pages in the search results, mostly about annual fireworks shows, that I didn’t include above.)

Fun fact: They even named an MRT station after that building. I think it’s quite popular with the locals and with the tourists! :whistle:

4 Likes

There indeed seems to be a correlation between the height of a bar (in terms of floor number) and beer prices. Must be because of the gravity they have to overcome. Getting a can of beer at Jason’s in B1, it is substantially cheaper.

2 Likes

You haven’t made Taipei 101 fireworks 2022 thread yet.

1 Like

Lights red and green like Christmas tree tonight.

I love sour cream, photos of the 101 and fighting the wu maos.

1 Like

I think Sana Hashmi could and should contribute to this thread. Among all of us, she likely has the preeminent collection of 101 photos. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

Aaaaaand . . . she delivers!

Source: https://twitter.com/sanahashmi1/status/1738909297659269184

Guy